Help with ELD Match drops

Snowrun

I am working up two rifles shooting the ELDmatch bullets & having trouble with drops at longer ranges.
.338 RUM shooting 285ELDM and 30 Nosler shooting 225 ELDM.
Both have sight height verified, scope level, Swarovski X5s on both, Burris sig. XTR rings, using "Shooter" app. Crony used for MV, this may be my problem.
Both of these needed roughly 3MOA added at 1440 yards than what shooter calls for.
Using G7 BC, and stepping down with velocity per Hornady website.
I'm really tempted to point at BC values because I dropped my MV to match 1100yd drops & still came out lower at 1440.
Appreciate any help.

Are you using the appropriate BC for the intended range/velocity? There are three different BC values depending on what Mach level your velocity is at your target.

Are you using the correct center of scope to bore dimension? At that distance, it will effect the dope.

Never mind. I reread your post and see where it was verified

Yes, sight height is caliper measured.
Even taking the BC below the mach 1.75 range doesn't get me there.

For the 225 eld-m I have been using the G7 of .372 and it has worked out to 1600 yards. This is in a 300 win mag at a muzzle velocity of 2915.
Jon

Thanks guys, that gets me closer but still not there. Thinking I might need to chrono at 100yds and/or different chrono.
Also should probably verify click value matches actual drops on the scope although at the price they get, I would sure think they should be reliable.

I would try the 4dof calculator and see if that gets you closer. That runs off a custom drag curve not just a BC number. It's been spot on for me with 3 different eld-match bullets. As said before I'd re-check velocity as well.

I would try the 4dof calculator and see if that gets you closer. That runs off a custom drag curve not just a BC number. It's been spot on for me with 3 different eld-match bullets. As said before I'd re-check velocity as well.
Thanks, the 4DOF still comes up short. I need to look at the calculator a bit more. How does it correct for sight in pressure/altitude versus current solution? I sight in at around 26mmHg give or take and was shooting yesterday at 24.25 according to my Leica range finder and wrist watch with sensor.

tall target test....

make sure your using the right zero in the app....

using a 200yrd zero tends to work out alot better for some reason... least in my limited experiance

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.