help with barrel, new build on the way

1denogean

okay guys I have a new McMillan game scout on order I ordered it wide enough for a rem varmint contour style barrel, I have a rem action already, who around has the faster turn around or stock in this heavy of a barrel (or similar heavy sporter) sorry I forgot I am building a 7MM since I have lots of reloading components for this

Thanks

Check any barrel maker's inventory, not all barreled are ordered some are in stock. Bugholes is another go to site.

Look up Red Hawk Rifles, they have some great prices on barrels, and make sure to look in their clearance section. They are great with answering questions as well if you call them or email. Good luck.

Check out Bartlein Barrels I just checked their web sight and they have a few in stock that I think might work for you. The guys there are super helpful if you have any questions just give them a call.

Just make sure the weight of the barrel will not be too much for the stock rigidity . In lighter built stocks lighter barrels can sometimes shoot better because the lighter barrel is not sagging or compressing the bedding area . Even a full length alloy bedding block can loose some accuracy in a weak stock .
Check with McMillan as to what weight barrel they would recommend in that stock maybe it's fine .

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.