Help with barrel choice

Devo64

Getting ready to buy a new barrel in 6mm creedmoor. Have 3 choices and would like to know everyone's opinion.
1-Hart Barrel – SS, 6mm, H# Medium Palma, 7 twist, 28" blank, 6 Groove

2-Bartlein Barrel – SS, 6mm, B#8 Light Varmint, 7.5 twist, 29" blank, 5R

3-Krieger Barrel – SS, 6mm, K#15 Standard Palma, 7.5 twist, 29" blank, 4 Groove

Getting ready to buy a new barrel in 6mm creedmoor. Have 3 choices and would like to know everyone's opinion.
1-Hart Barrel – SS, 6mm, H# Medium Palma, 7 twist, 28" blank, 6 Groove

2-Bartlein Barrel – SS, 6mm, B#8 Light Varmint, 7.5 twist, 29" blank, 5R

3-Krieger Barrel – SS, 6mm, K#15 Standard Palma, 7.5 twist, 29" blank, 4 Groove

I do not think you can go wrong with any of them.

They are all great barrels you can't go wrong with any of them but my personal choice would be the BART I like an odd number of lands as even lands oppose each other and are more intrusive on the bullet

This is true and anecdotal evidence would suggest this causes problems with some bullets IE blowing up. All three makers are equal in my eyes but I would go 5r if given the choice. If I could not get a 5r I would not wait for one if other options were available.

This is true and anecdotal evidence would suggest this causes problems with some bullets IE blowing up. All three makers are equal in my eyes but I would go 5r if given the choice. If I could not get a 5r I would not wait for one if other options were available.
Of my two long range rifles my 338 Lapua is a five r BART but my 65 284 wears a four groove proof so yes I agree with you 100%

What do you think of the six I hear very little about a six and have no experience with them myself

They are all good. What bullet are you using that you need a 7 twist.? I would do one of the 7.5 twist. I have had no issues with any bullets in my 8 twist out to 1000 yards. 6 Creed will do 3175 with all the 105 and 107 bullets. 115 dtacs do just fine in my 8 twist too. So depending on the bullets you are using pick the right twist.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.