Help with Applied Ballistics

Stavi300RUM

I drew on a very nice late bull hunt this year (after 13 years of putting in!) and I have been using Applied Ballistics to dial in for use. I have little to no experience with this and the information that I input, I get wrong results when dialing out to all given distances. Anyone in the Idaho Falls/Rexburg area that would be willing to help me get this dialed in? :)

I'm not in the ID area but I'll see if I can give you some pointers that might help. Ballistic calculators are awesome feats of mathematics and can be incredibly precise, but they will only work if you have the right input data.

Can you give more details about where your shots are landing in relation to the calculated firing solution?

Also, what kind of distances are you trying to shoot?

Common problems:
1) Incorrect muzzle velocity
2) Incorrect ballistic coefficient (BC)
3) Incorrect atmospheric conditions (most important being the absolute barometric pressure, not the corrected one you get from the weather station)

In addition to this, there's the possibility that your scope is not tracking 100% correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.