Help with action ID, history?

ackleyguy

This is a great old action,,,Marked AL WEBER, Lodi Ca. low 3 digit serial # Solid bottom with right bolt port ........mauser extracter but The case head is fully supported!chaber on the barrel is .222...... closes like a vault,,,, any body know anything about these actions< current value? Thanks for your help

I think they are called "Weber" actions , I have a reletive who traded a couple guns with P.O. Ackley some 35years ago and one of them is a 17 cal base on the 222Rem case with a heavy P.O.Ackley barrel on it.

I make a phone call and see

Thanks very much for all of you guys help....the gun I have is almost exactly like the one pictured in the link EXCEPT it has a walnut laminated stock 3/8 or so laminations! I took the rifle to my smith..its good to go....so I HAD to go shoot it....40 gr ballistic tip..AA2230 powder MV+3720 HOT but not excessive in this gun! .250 5 shot groups @ 100.....something to be said for the craftsmenship that went into these rifles.... NOW WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA DO WITH IT?.....

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.