help with a scope choice

hello fellow members. i'm here once again with help on a scope choice for my .300 win mag without a muzzle brake. i've narrowed my choices to the burris xtr2 4-20x50mm w/34mm tube $1000, or the sightron Siii 6-24x50mm w/30mm tube $750-800 or the burris veracity 4-20x50mm w/30mm tube $750. please let me know any personal experience you have with any of these scopes. i have decided on these 3 and dont need any of the the gazillion other choices listed for me just which of these 3 you think would be best for my rifle and engaging targets out to 1000yds. thanks for your input i truly appreciate it
My vote is for the Burris Veracity. Both Burris scopes have substantially higher contrast at the same magnification than the Sightron. I recently tested the Burris XTR2 4-20x50. I liked everything about it except for color fringing on high contrast objects. I noticed this at the last SHOT Show and hoped it was due to the scopes being early production samples. Apparently not, because the XTR scope I tested was of recent production. The Veracity 4-20x50 does not have this issue. The scopes are made in different factories, so even if the optical designs were the same, the scopes could have differences. The Veracity FFP reticle design is very good. Use the reticle to hold over for quick shots under ~600 yds, and dial elevation for longer shots. The reticle has windage holdover marks on the crosshair.

I have a Burris 5.5-20x50 FF2 that I have been pretty impressed with. I think I paid $350 of it. I have no experience with Sightron.

If you are looking at $1000, I think I would be considering the new nightforce that is in that price range. You get 56mm of glass and awesome repeatability. you don't get the knobs outside of the covers, but then I suppose you get to decide what you want to sacrifice in the name of cost.

I'm sorry to of opened a can of worms! I know this can be a heated subject because everybody has their opinion of which glass is best! I also know that given time with the amount of bullets that have been thrown downrange by this group, problems with all models are bound to occur! I'm on a budget so i cant afford a schmidt & bender or us optics and even if i could I'm sure on more than one occassion those scopes too have been in need of repair or been sold to an unhappy customer! That being said i would again like to thank you all for your inputs and I think now its just down to a matter of preference for me and that I will be well served by either of the models I listed!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.