Help with a New Build

Interesting.... I was checking out the savage website and was reading about the new law enforcement BAS and BAT/S rifles. Pretty cool how they use the AR-15 grips and rear stocks.

Check this out.... same thing as the new savage bas setup. Looks like Savage used the same technology for their new Accu-stock.

Savage Short Action Detachable Magazine [svsdm] - $675.00 : PDC Custom Rifle Stocks, The Long Rang Critter Gitter!

For 80 bucks more he will make a pistol rear grip so you can remove the stock. This way you have a pistol grip or you remove 3 bolts and put on a new pistol grip that has the stock. I was going to design the exact same thing but looks like someone beat me to it. I think this will be my next purchase as far as guns go. I want to make an all in one rig so I can put a short barrel for pistol rounds then put the rear stock on and longer barrel for the 7x300wsm or 7wsm.

What is the purpose of the rifle is it for varmints or a tactical purpose? what is the scope going to cost is there going to be i bipod and a tac sling or a Buttstock Shell Holder if so look at uncle mikes

Here are some scopes to look into
Guide Gear 8 - 32x50 mm Illuminated Varmint Scope, Black Matte
Guide Gear 8 - 32x50 Mm Illuminated Varmint Scope, Black Matte, Scopes, Guide Gear at Sportsman's Guide
6 - 18x50 Illuminated-reticle Scope
6 - 18x50 Illuminated-Reticle Scope, Scopes, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide
Osprey 10 - 40x50 mm Long Range Tactical Scope, Matte Black
Osprey 10 - 40x50 Mm Long Range Tactical Scope, Matte Black, Scopes, Osprey International at Sportsman's Guide

Here are some stock websights
CHOATE Machine & Tool, Inc. - Makers of the Ultimate Varmint & Sniper Stocks
Ultimate Varmint and Sniper Stocks by Choate
Custom Made Rifles, Tactical Rifles and Sniper Rifles by Van Dyke Rifle Designs
Ultimate Sniper Stock by Choate - All Tactical

Bi Pods
Harris Bipods

Best of luckgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.