Help with a build and/or customization on my Savage??

95huskers

Hi guys,

I am thinking about my first custom build. I want to build myself a .260 Rem or a 6.5-284 for long range hunting. I currently have a Savage 110 Predator Long Range rifle in 6.5-284 Norma and love the caliber and have also been intrigued by .260 Rem. Whichever I choose to go with I want to shoot 140 or 130gr Berger bullets (I think). My limitation on using the Savage as a platform to build on is the stock options I have due to the detachable magazine. Are there any known stocks out there for this gun (don't want a wood stock)??

The two platforms I have to build off of right now are:

Savage 110 Long Range Predator 6.5-284 with dtach magazine
-or-
Remington VSSF 2 .22-250

I would like to keep my spending to a minimum starting out. Is there much I can do to customize one of these two or would I be better off starting from scratch? Thanks!

It is pretty limited on Savage synthetic stocks period, especially for detach mag. There are some available but for a price, if your willing to pay. Manners composite stocks will have what your looking for if you go the savage route. I have built 2 custom savage 110 (blind box mag) and even for them the budget stock choices were limited. But if your willing to spend the money you can get one. I would go with that REM 700 action in 22-250 way more options and if your looking for a budget build thats what I would do there is hundreds of stuff for REM 700 actions.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.