Help with 257 AI load

hank shaper

I have heard that RL-22 with 110 AB made a great load for the 257 Ackley. I have not been able to find any data for this bullet-powder combo. Can any of you give me info on this?

Thanks

Hank

I have heard that RL-22 with 110 AB made a great load for the 257 Ackley. I have not been able to find any data for this bullet-powder combo. Can any of you give me info on this?

Thanks

Hank
You will have to extrapolate a load from 100gr and 115gr data, that's what I had to do for both the 257AI and 25-06, there was no load data for the 110gr Accubond when I started playing with them.
What I did was to 'split the difference' between max load data for the 100gr and 115gr data.
With the 257AI, I used max loads as my starting loads once I had determined a start load from the data obtained from several manuals.
I did exactly the same for the 25-06 but I 'split the difference' of max load data to determine a start load at a 5% reduction.

My load for the 110gr Accubond in the 257AI is:
Remington brass, flash holes deburred, Fed 205 primer and 49.5gr of RE22, the maximum load I determined was 52gr, which I worked up to comfortably and showed no sign of excessive pressure.
Case head expansion was .0005", measured at the web just above the extraction cannelure. It shot into .75MOA with 4, 5 shot groups at 200yds. Velocity was just on 3000fps.
Cheers.
MagnumManiac.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.