Help with 137gr 6.5mm Hammer bullets

Defiance7mm

So Im running the 137 gr 6.5mm in a 6.5 SAUM. Rifle is a Curtis Vector short action with a 26 in. Proof carbon 7.5 twist with a .140 freebore. Im seating the 137's at max mag length, 2.885. Running Norma brass with CCI BR2 and 62 gr of Retumbo. My magnetospeed is giving me a average velocity of 3150. So my question is what BC are you guys running for these bullets? Hammer says .280 G7 estimated. With the drop data I have to 1000 yards I have to bump my velocity up to 3215 to get things to line up. I use the Shooter app and played with the BC in my calculator with my velocity of 3150 and bumped the BC up to .310 and it seems to line up with my drop data. I also forgot I live in Colorado at 6000 feet.

Anyone running these bullets and if so what BC are you using to get your data to line up? Thanks for any input

The fast twist is probably helping bump the bc. .310 is solid performance, that's basically what I'm using on my current lot of 143eldx

How are the 137s shooting in your 1:7.5" @ 3150? I have a 26" 1:7.5" 6.5SS I have been wondering about the 137s. The 131s shoot phenomenally in mine now.

Im getting same hole groups at 100 and easily under .5 at 1000. So easy to get them dialed in. Found a load with low SD and ES, loaded to max mag length and done!

Here's one that I found at a 860 yards that was a miss on steel.
20191013_160209.jpg
20191013_160201.jpg

i saw your response on the 137gr Hammers and wanted to follow up with your experience and setup..
What cartridge in 6.5? Your rifle was a 7.5 twist? Hammer recommends 6.5 but maybe you are driving them fast enough to over come that. Anyway, anything you can share would be welcome.
thanks

Im getting same hole groups at 100 and easily under .5 at 1000. So easy to get them dialed in. Found a load with low SD and ES, loaded to max mag length and done!

Easily under 1/2 moa at 1000 yards. Take your gun to the Williamsport PA 1000 yard matches and you will win almost every relay and match you shoot in. You will beat everybody shooting 17 pound bench guns and unlimited heavy guns. Let me tell you no one is easily shooting under 1/2 moa at 1000 yards. Bring that rifle to Williamsport and take all our money.
Just saying.
Shep

could you tell me me about your experience
with what rig. Twist of barrel, load data, etc

thanks

Easily under 1/2 moa at 1000 yards. Take your gun to the Williamsport PA 1000 yard matches and you will win almost every relay and match you shoot in. You will beat everybody shooting 17 pound bench guns and unlimited heavy guns. Let me tell you no one is easily shooting under 1/2 moa at 1000 yards. Bring that rifle to Williamsport and take all our money.
Just saying.
Shep

Eric that is directed to the guy who said his gun is an easy under 1/2 moa at 1000.
I shoot 1000 yard compatition and not to many guys with target guns claim they shoot under 1/2 moa at 1000 easily.
Shep

Just saying.
Shep

Not sure why your trying to turn this thread into a ****ing match... this is my hunting rig and just trying to get others experience with the 137 Hammers. Im not saying I shoot half minute groups all day every day. I'm just saying on that day, I had a good day! If I can go 10 for 10 on a 6 inch plate at 1000, I'm going to call that a half minute round and rifle set up. Granted I had very ideal conditions that day... thats why I chose that day to get my drop data. Sorry for whatever triggered. If you have a problem with "my data" thats not really your problem is it?

could you tell me me about your experience
with what rig. Twist of barrel, load data, etc

thanks

So Im running the 137 gr 6.5mm in a 6.5 SAUM. Rifle is a Curtis Vector short action with a 26 in. Proof carbon 7.5 twist with a .140 freebore. Im seating the 137's at max mag length, 2.885. Running Norma brass with CCI BR2 and 62 gr of Retumbo. My magnetospeed is giving me a average velocity of 3150. So my question is what BC are you guys running for these bullets? Hammer says .280 G7 estimated. With the drop data I have to 1000 yards I have to bump my velocity up to 3215 to get things to line up. I use the Shooter app and played with the BC in my calculator with my velocity of 3150 and bumped the BC up to .310 and it seems to line up with my drop data. I also forgot I live in Colorado at 6000 feet.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.