Help with 137gr 6.5mm Hammer bullets

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Whoa!
I don't know what gave you that impression. Certanly mot my intention. I'm about to build something for somebody and your note was very encouraging... so I wanted to know more about your experience and how you got there.

And now that you're telling me it is a hunting rig, I am even more interested. I am not building a match rifle. It is meant to be a user. I've got a 1960 Model 70 .264 Win Mag that i will refit a 26 inch cut-rifled barrel to. It is not a hot rod. The fellow that this rifle is intended for hunts in California and he must use unleaded bullets. This led me to investigate the Hammers. Upon reading that they require a 6.5 twist, I halted. My usual 6.5 builds are 1/8 and they shoot several weights. This 1/6.5 twist would likely not work so well if he ever wants to shoot lighter. But, if the 137s really sing then he may green light me on it. So there is something at stake here in my questions to you. I want the owner to be happy. Sorry if something made you think I was challenging you. Noop. just wanted more 411.

QUOTE="Defiance7mm, post: 1874474, member: 101095"]
Not sure why your trying to turn this thread into a ****ing match... this is my hunting rig and just trying to get others experience with the 137 Hammers. Im not saying I shoot half minute groups all day every day. I'm just saying on that day, I had a good day! If I can go 10 for 10 on a 6 inch plate at 1000, I'm going to call that a half minute round and rifle set up. Granted I had very ideal conditions that day... thats why I chose that day to get my drop data. Sorry for whatever triggered. If you have a problem with "my data" thats not really your problem is it?
[/QUOTE]

thanks, I'm also beginning to realize that there was a conversation that I missed. But, did I read that these 137s can work in 7.5 twist? I don't need to order a 1/6.5 barrel to have success? Before I present this tight twist option to him, I need to be well grounded.
gracias

Eric that is directed to the guy who said his gun is an easy under 1/2 moa at 1000.
I shoot 1000 yard compatition and not to many guys with target guns claim they shoot under 1/2 moa at 1000 easily.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts