Help? What should I do?

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
Alltheway,
Sorry about your situation. I am very happy with my Tikka as it sounds like you were. What is the number you are calling? I'd like to give them a call and tell them how poorly I think you are being treated. MT
1-800-237-3882.

Thank you very much. They still haven't returned any of my calls, even after threatening to engage in a media war yesterday. They just don't care.

Alltheway,
Sorry about your situation. I am very happy with my Tikka as it sounds like you were. What is the number you are calling? I'd like to give them a call and tell them how poorly I think you are being treated. MT
Very good suggestion! Bet a lot of Tikka and Sako owners on LRH. Would be nice to see some pressure from other current owners.

send me a new one, or replace the busted parts

IMO they are not going to do anything that insinuates or admits they are at fault and liable. As you say legal has it now, look for a non disclosure agreement and liability waiver if you see anything at all. My guess is if you wind up in hell take some ice skates.

Call um up and tell um your neck hurts.

The squib would be on Hornady and not Tikka. It defies common sense that a rifle would just blow up.

If you shot a number of rounds through it on several occasions and nothing happened how could it be defective enough to blow up? Seems to me that if it was defective that it should have blown up earlier.

Once you knew there was an obstruction you could have measured the distance to the blockage from both ends to determine if there was one bullet or 2 lodged in the barrel. I'd send them a certified [return requested] letter saying that if they determined that they aren't at fault then please return my rifle.

Surprised no one mentioned that before (regarding the ammo).

Congrats Tikka/Beretta! You let a $300 repair issue and an easy turn around cost you dearly. American companies understand that. You clearly do not.

You're gonna learn today.

I bought my last benelli shotgun and my last burris optic because of what they're doing to this guy. Not that they care. There is NO excuse for the lack of communication. How a company behaves when their products have a problem, defines them. Sure, could be an ammo problem, but that could have been communicated very quickly and easily. If I ran tikka... I'd have replaced the rifle, no questions asked. Cost of doing business in the modern world. I've overnighted products to customers for far less of an issue.

Sorry you're dealing with this @Hecouldgoalltheway. You'll be better served with a bergara anyway. ...and if you really want to buy the last 17HMR you're ever going to need, just give me a call and I'll give you a deal on a new TS Customs RimX. We can upgrade you to a 17WSM while you're at it, if you want. Call me anytime! 605-554-1911

I wondering what the base of the case looks like. The powder charge might of been to much. That is a split for sure. I would sure want to stay away from the type of rifle. With them being closed mouth about it makes me wonder what's up. If the manufactures was smart I would think they would have been right back to you. Poor customer controls for sure.. It almost looks like the overall case length was to long. Being the lead edge of the case is rounded off some. If I am reading correctly there wasn't any hard closes of the bolt putting the round into the chamber. As far as the pressure being directed to the magazine would be because it was the easiest place to go. Better than the bolt in the face. I glad you are alright.

Congrats Tikka/Beretta! You let a $300 repair issue and an easy turn around cost you dearly. American companies understand that. You clearly do not.

You're gonna learn today.

I bought my last benelli shotgun and my last burris optic because of what they're doing to this guy. Not that they care. There is NO excuse for the lack of communication. How a company behaves when their products have a problem, defines them. Sure, could be an ammo problem, but that could have been communicated very quickly and easily. If I ran tikka... I'd have replaced the rifle, no questions asked. Cost of doing business in the modern world. I've overnighted products to customers for far less of an issue.

Sorry you're dealing with this @Hecouldgoalltheway. You'll be better served with a bergara anyway. ...and if you really want to buy the last 17HMR you're ever going to need, just give me a call and I'll give you a deal on a new TS Customs RimX. We can upgrade you to a 17WSM while you're at it, if you want. Call me anytime! 605-554-1911
I like my Benelli Montefeltro and Burris scopes. I didn't know they were owned by Beretta until now. Got a reason not to buy one again
I had good customer service from Weatherby, Winchester and the best from Sig Sauer

Reading the posts on here explains exactly why Beretta is taking so long. I know nothing about the OP but I can tell you that 9 out of 10 times it is not the firearm in situations like this. Most likely it is ammo or user error yet people here are saying to sue (for what, an under $1000 rifle). Yes, they have taken a long time but in reality if it was not the rifle why are they liable? Be realistic, try to act like a human and reason with them and maybe you will get a new rifle even though it is not their fault. People want to destroy Beretta over something as small as this without even thinking it out. This is why companies act like they do, the irrational reaction of people. Your best bet was to pursue the ammo maker, with all the ammo they are kicking out to meet demand that is the most likely culprit.

I like my Benelli Montefeltro and Burris scopes. I didn't know they were owned by Beretta until now. Got a reason not to buy one again
I had good customer service from Weatherby, Winchester and the best from Sig Sauer
The parent company, Beretta Holding, also owns Beretta USA, Benelli, Franchi, SAKO, Stoeger, Tikka, Uberti, Steiner, and the Burris Optics company. There's your list of companies that I can readily find under beretta's influence.

I'll be avoiding all of them from here on out, since they don't want to talk to this guy.

I'll say yet AGAIN, rifle at fault or not... you simply DO NOT get away with not dealing with customer service requests in this world any longer. It seems that a few european companies are the only ones refusing to learn that. There is no legitimate reason why the guy hasn't received SOME communication in seven months time.

Reading the posts on here explains exactly why Beretta is taking so long. I know nothing about the OP but I can tell you that 9 out of 10 times it is not the firearm in situations like this. Most likely it is ammo or user error yet people here are saying to sue (for what, an under $1000 rifle). Yes, they have taken a long time but in reality if it was not the rifle why are they liable? Be realistic, try to act like a human and reason with them and maybe you will get a new rifle even though it is not their fault. People want to destroy Beretta over something as small as this without even thinking it out. This is why companies act like they do, the irrational reaction of people. Your best bet was to pursue the ammo maker, with all the ammo they are kicking out to meet demand that is the most likely culprit.
What is irrational is they silence from Beretta!
What does it cost to return a phone call?

Hornady factory loads. It's only ever fired the exact same hornday loads from first to last.
A long time ago a good friend was shooting his brand new Ruger SS laminated stocked 223 rem. and factory Federal 223 rem. ammo and his rifle blew up badly. He contacted Federal and they asked for all the ammo he had on hand and his rifle, two weeks later the UPS truck shows up at his door with a big box full of 1000 rounds of 223 rem. 55 gr nosler ballistic tips, ear muffs, shooting glasses, rifle rests etc. and a letter detailing where to pick up his brand new Ruger 223 rem. rifle the same one that blew up.

I would have contacted Hornady not the rifle manufacture. I have had bad ammo from two different manufactures that was way over pressure.

For those who asked about more details:

I bought this rifle about March 2020. I had been in love with it. One of the most accurate rifles I'd ever owned. I had only ever used factory hornady 15.5 gr ammo, and had never had an issue. I was casually shooting it one afternoon, and on about the fifth round of the outing, it felt like a grenade exploded in my hands. The bottom metal (plastic) was destroyed. It blew plastic shrapnel in every direction, destroyed the magazine and set off rounds in the magazine, blowing pieces of the magazine 50' in every direction. I was pretty lucky to have not been injured in all reality. There was something lodged in the barrel, approximately halfway between breach and bore. I assume it was a bullet, but I sent it to them like it was to determine what happened. When I called them and told them that the rifle exploded in my hands, I did notice that they showed no alarm, and didn't even want to know what or how it had happened, which led me to believe that this might not have been the first time it had happened. It seemed like it was an issue that they were aware of..
Curiosity: were there live cartridges in the mag that also detonated? If so, trying to understand if the pressure slammed the rims of the remaining cartridges into the back of the mag, setting those off.
At any rate, there was the full pressure gas right back into the mag well with no reasonable method of escaping like most rifles are designed to do, away from the shooter, mag etc....
That would be an engineering screwup, first. Liability, second.
So sorry this occurred. Wow.