Help? What should I do?

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115360

I had a Tikka T1X blow apart in my hands back in December. I called Beretta, the parent company of Tikka, and they quickly sent me a shipping label and promised to get it taken care of for me. I shipped the rifle out in early January and waited. I figured things might run a little slow due to the China flu, but it's almost August and they haven't done anything. I called them 2 weeks ago yesterday and the man I spoke with told me that they had turned my case over to their legal department in Febuary and that was all they could tell me. Needless to say the legal department hasn't contacted me in that 6 months, he refused to give me a phone number to said legal department, and would only agree to pass my information to his supervisor, and stated that there would be no guarantee that he would return my phone call. So basically they have been sitting on my rifle since January with no intention of repairing it, or returning it, and won't even speak to me about it. Do I have any options? What can I do? I honestly don't know where to turn. I just want my repaired rifle back, or my money if they don't want to fix it. I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this before? Thanks fellas

Here is the status on their website, minus the personal info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-214105_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-214105_Chrome.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 119
Sometimes, no reply IS the reply. Appears they are telling you to pound sand. If you react aggressively perhaps they will act in your favor. Be able to back up your reply if needed. Good luck
Should I threaten to sue then? Is that what you are insinuating? And then sue if they balk? God I'd hate to have to go that route, but it may be the only avenue they've left for me..

I had a Tikka T1X blow apart in my hands back in December. I called Beretta, the parent company of Tikka, and they quickly sent me a shipping label and promised to get it taken care of for me. I shipped the rifle out in early January and waited. I figured things might run a little slow due to the China flu, but it's almost August and they haven't done anything. I called them 2 weeks ago yesterday and the man I spoke with told me that they had turned my case over to their legal department in Febuary and that was all they could tell me. Needless to say the legal department hasn't contacted me in that 6 months, he refused to give me a phone number to said legal department, and would only agree to pass my information to his supervisor, and stated that there would be no guarantee that he would return my phone call. So basically they have been sitting on my rifle since January with no intention of repairing it, or returning it, and won't even speak to me about it. Do I have any options? What can I do? I honestly don't know where to turn. I just want my repaired rifle back, or my money if they don't want to fix it. I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this before? Thanks fellas

Was it commercial ammo or your reloads?

Sorry to hear that. Here is my humble opinion.
Call back and try to talk to a supervisor. Try a few times. Sometimes, a supervisor can help.
Do not threaten legal action unless you are ready to follow through. It will cost more than your rifle and they know it.
If you don get anywhere, then go on every shooting forum, hunting forum, sporting forum that will let you tell your story. Post pictures. Court of public opinion has a lot of power.

I had a brand new rifle blow a barrel. Sig was extremely helpful, send me a box, I sent it to them, they could not determine it was a faulty barrel, so they replaced it for $100 including shipping both ways. I was ecstatic with their service.

Good luck

What do think caused the come apart? Did you have a qualified smith look it over before you sent it off?
I am only asking to determine how armed you were to deal with crap they may throw at you.
What actually blew up, action, just the barrel, etc.. ?
Have you taken a caliper to new and fired brass to see if the chamber was oversized?

Berretta's customer service is known to be slow, not saying it is bad, just that they take their time. Being the case is in the hands of their legal dept, I would guess they have a path, they are not going to sue you for ruining a rifle, if by chance you were a factor. You'd get the pound sand.
All that said, if indeed they know you are not at fault, you are the customer and should be taken care of if that determination has been made. Their legal team can handle what they are paid for.
Two above posters covered the idle legal threats.

I agree with the above that working your way up the chain to find someone willing to help you.

If that fails then start hitting all the forums especially the Beretta forum.

FWIW, years ago I had a sako A7 that wouldn't meet the accuracy guarantee. I gave them excellent info as to what I had tried and sent it to them after a phone call. They shot it to confirm.

Here's the kicker, they didn't have another a7 in stainless fluted 25-06 so they upgraded me to a model 85.