Help? What should I do?

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
The sauer pantera that I just got has a vent to the outside, and it has a piece of plastic (maybe 3/16"×1.5") approx that I assume is designed to keep dust and debris out of the vent and then easily be blown clean in an overpressure. I'm a fan of that idea. I could see how leaving those holes open could allow paint, grease, dirt and debris to fill them and cause them to fail in a worst case scenario. I'm sure they aren't the only people using that design, but it is the same parent company as Tikka of course.

Thank you for that explanation. I for whatever reason was under the impression that everyone vented that overpressure out on the side of the bolt away from the shooter, (when shooting a rifle oriented correctly). When this thing blew up, I made the assumption that it was a design flaw, or possibly just a freak occurrence, since violent pressure can be a bit unpredictable. If I was designing rifles, I think would vent it differently, but it appears there are several companies who know infinitely more than I do who disagree.
As you can tell, my concern is, a design flaw in the rifle to not vent safely, and that hot HMR cartridge does split cases more than any other I've heard of.
I recall attempts to make a semi auto HMR (Savage?), and the bolt timing could not be controlled. It was a big problem with safety and I don't recall it was ever fixed.
Edit to add:
Savage does still sell the newer design "A17 semi auto", but the reviews are generally negative on action jamming, failure to feed, failure to extract, etc etc.

Last edited:
The sauer pantera that I just got has a vent to the outside, and it has a piece of plastic (maybe 3/16"×1.5") approx that I assume is designed to keep dust and debris out of the vent and then easily be blown clean in an overpressure. I'm a fan of that idea. I could see how

The sauer pantera that I just got has a vent to the outside, and it has a piece of plastic (maybe 3/16"×1.5") approx that I assume is designed to keep dust and debris out of the vent and then easily be blown clean in an overpressure. I'm a fan of that idea. I could see how leaving those holes open could allow paint, grease, dirt and debris to fill them and cause them to fail in a worst case scenario. I'm sure they aren't the only people using that design, but it is the same parent company as Tikka of course.
I believe Sauer Pantera is made by JP Sauer and Sons of Germany. It is the Sauer in the SigSauer. Sig Arms of Switzerland and JP Sauer of Germany created a joing venture, SigSauer, to produce mainly pistols and later military style rifles to bypass the strict Swiss firearm export laws. JP Sauer and Sons still produce fine hunting rifles and shotguns and tio the best of my knowledge are NOT owned by Beretta.

I believe Sauer Pantera is made by JP Sauer and Sons of Germany. It is the Sauer in the SigSauer. Sig Arms of Switzerland and JP Sauer of Germany created a joing venture, SigSauer, to produce mainly pistols and later military style rifles to bypass the strict Swiss firearm export laws. JP Sauer and Sons still produce fine hunting rifles and shotguns and tio the best of my knowledge are NOT owned by Beretta.
They own Sako, and Sako owns Sauer

I could be wrong I just can't find any connection between them. Sig Sauer does own several other firearm companies but can't find Sako anywhere in their listings nor under Sigs parent L&O holdings.

Looks like you guys are right about that too. I must have read that wrong as well.

Beretta Holding S.A. is the holding company for the famous Italian industrial group and holds direct or indirect participation in the 32 companies that currently make up the group which is a recognised leader in the sector of light firearms dedicated to hunting, sporting and personal defence.

Since its inception, the number of subsidiaries has continued to grow, as a result of a prudent investment policy of strategic acquisitions, carried out to both extend and complete the product offering, and to globally consolidate the Group's direct commercial presence on the markets in which the group operates.

Beretta Holding Group has increasingly become a markedly international corporation and a global player in its sector, as a result of a growth that has led to a manufacturing presence in all five continents, but even more important thanks to a vision of the World as its natural space of action.

HUNTING ACTIVITY

Through its prestigious brands, Beretta, Benelli, Franchi, Sako, Tikka, Steiner and Burris the Group has become a reference point for hunting enthusiasts the world over, who are constantly looking for high quality and reliable products, characterized by strong tradition and continuous innovation to fulfill their passion.

I called them again this afternoon, and they gave me the cold shoulder again. Refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor and told me that "his supervisor was aware of my issue and would call me.". I refreshed him on my situation and asked him if he felt like this was acceptable customer service. He told me that reminding his supervisor about my case was the limit of his ability.