Help! What big 30cal?

the 300 Razor was designed to clean out all the other chambers in one pass and will give you a new throat as well, works off the mag boltface and h20 capacity just over the 300 Rum, seen here with the 245 Berger seated to function smoothly in 3.850" cip magazines

ready to load and shoot, headstamped brass can be ordered directly from RCC and reamers from PT&G

View attachment 222312

View attachment 222314

Definitely a bad arse wildcat that fits the big .30 cal bill. You have the coolest wildcats and names to go with it.

I have my main three components (stock, action, barrel) and I knew I wanted a big 30cal but wasn't sure what to do. I have a proof carbon 28" 1:9" barrel and gunwerks GRB LA magnum action.

The gun will be 85% big game hunting and the occasional target day

Currently debating between 30 sherman mag and 300 prc. Would like to shoot 230-245 class bullets.

Thanks gentlemen

just a couple of thoughts and questions.

how far are you going shoot? what is big game?
you can get a 30-378 weatherby and have the highest capacity, but it comes with a short barrel life, tons of recoil, and lots of extra component costs for the extra velocity.
were this my decision, I'd take a mainstream cartridge - 300wm, 30 nosler, 300 rum. many people here practice at long range, but will limit shots on game to 5-7 hundred yards. if that's your situation, the 215 Berger+300wm have a great track record. if you "need" to shoot the heavies, the 300 rum with the Wyatt's mag extension will have the needed capacity. just remember the added performance comes at a cost (compare the barrel life of a 308 win vs 300 wm).
I'd suggest finding a balance in the performance/cost ratio and be honest with yourself on how far you're going to actually shoot.
As a side note, the 33 cal hits much harder than the 30 (300 rum vs 338 edge) and enjoys longer barrel life.

What case is the razor based off? How many more grains of capacity over standard RUM?
I may be corrected, but most of his cartridges aren't based off any parent cases and are ground up designs. This is why RCC brass is used instead of fire forming and resizing another parent case.

I have my main three components (stock, action, barrel) and I knew I wanted a big 30cal but wasn't sure what to do. I have a proof carbon 28" 1:9" barrel and gunwerks GRB LA magnum action.

The gun will be 85% big game hunting and the occasional target day

Currently debating between 30 sherman mag and 300 prc. Would like to shoot 230-245 class bullets.

Do the
Thanks gentlemen
Do the Sherman mag with a +P throat from Sean Carlock at defensive edge ultramag velocities with 230 grain bullets less powder ADG brass I'm sure everybody else will be hopping on the 300 PRC bandwagon with brass soon enough call her a day I love mine

who makes dies?

dies are being made for all calibers and will be available directly to the public from the mfr, will have more info when they are done, starting with these 3
A741E987-7EB8-4B79-BD1D-78E324A1A7E1.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.