Help selecting scope mounts.

Texashunter1970

Hi. Just got a Browning xbolt longrange max on .308. Looking for help selecting a nice set of rings and mount por my scope. Looking to get a Swarovski z5i 5-25x52 Bt -plex on it. I been looking in to the leoupold backcountry cross-slot. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Any mount is only as good as the surface its mounted to, my suggestion screw the end of the rail down on one end to the action chances are there will be a small gap under the other end this is why I bed all my rails and rings no matter the brand.

I just bought one of these for a build and I am very impressed with it's fit and finish. It is far more precise than the action that I got it for (not a Browning). I asked for an upgrade to 8-40 screws and it was just done. No comment, no added charge, just done and shipped to me.

Hi. Just got a Browning xbolt longrange max on .308. Looking for help selecting a nice set of rings and mount por my scope. Looking to get a Swarovski z5i 5-25x52 Bt -plex on it. I been looking in to the leoupold backcountry cross-slot. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

American Rifle Company ARC M-10 rings. Only has one screw to torque. Once you try them you'll never use anything else.
1600627525693.png

I second Murphy rails, with TPS rings! I like the ez of mounting scopes in TPS rings
I'll be the third to say Murphy Precision. Great rail, and even better guy to deal with. I also like the Nightforce Ultralite rings to sit on top. A lot of good recommendations given, imo. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.