Help...Primer problem!

G

Here is the issue. I have a rifle match on Sunday and I ran out of Remington 9 1/2 primers. I use 49.5 grains of H380 and a 168SMK bullet. I can't find any Remington primers near my location in central Indiana and I have no time to order them. Will switching primers cause a major issue and what primer should I use???

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Yes it can make a differance. I have even had a new lot of the same type change my loads. If you know exactly what youre average MV is that is a place to start. Sometimes you wont have to change anything. Other times it could take slightly more or slightly less powder to duplicate the original.

Let us know how your match goes!
smile.gif

Thanks for the assistance with this issue. I was able to purchase 300 Remington primers last night so I should be OK until after the match. I may switch to Federal primers after this week but I hate to mess with what works.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.