Help picking out a scope

460 magnum

So I'm wanting to up grade my scope from a 3-9x50 Burris full field (that I had laying around after I sold my AR so I put it on the creedmoor) to something with a little more power. Mostly coyote hunting with my rifle but I do shoot mid to long range targets from time to time. Here are the 2 scope I'm looking at right now.

Nikon PROSTAFF P3 Predator Hunter Rifle Scope - 4-12x40mm BDC Predator Reticle Black Matte. They r on sale at Natchez. I like the bdc and the 12power of this scope but worried if I will be happy with it when I do shot longer shots with it.

The other scope it the Bushnell nitro 2.5-10x44 ffp. I have a 3-18×50 ffp bushnell forge already on a nother rifle and really like it.

What do u all think I would like to stay in this price range. Thanks for any and all input.

Are you wanting to dial or hold over for longer shots? If you want to holdover I'd go the Bushnell because it's FFP and your holdovers will be the same at all powers.

idcwby

So I'm wanting to up grade my scope from a 3-9x50 Burris full field (that I had laying around after I sold my AR so I put it on the creedmoor) to something with a little more power. Mostly coyote hunting with my rifle but I do shoot mid to long range targets from time to time. Here are the 2 scope I'm looking at right now.

Nikon PROSTAFF P3 Predator Hunter Rifle Scope - 4-12x40mm BDC Predator Reticle Black Matte. They r on sale at Natchez. I like the bdc and the 12power of this scope but worried if I will be happy with it when I do shot longer shots with it.

The other scope it the Bushnell nitro 2.5-10x44 ffp. I have a 3-18×50 ffp bushnell forge already on a nother rifle and really like it.

What do u all think I would like to stay in this price range. Thanks for any and all input.
Midway had Bushnell forge scopes for 399 on sale we've bought 3 of them good scope for that money most places want 700. David

Man that's a pretty dang good deal
Yes I called cabelas so I could use my points asked if they would price match the man said sure I said great send me one he asked midways price I told him he said he needed to talk to his supervisor he came back said couldn't match that price was less than there cost at on time they had a free Kenton turret with it but I missed out on that deal. David

Check out this Camera Land post today from Camera Land. Great deals on some Bushnell Nitros. Right about your price point.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.