Help, Parts for WSM build.

droptine

I picked up my PTG bld action yesterday. Not sure if I am going to stay with the 270 WSM barrel or swap for a 300 WSM. That part I can handle. Its the other parts I need help locating. I've done quite a few Savage, Model 70's and Mausers but not to much with Remingtons.

Bolt stop - I think PTG may have bolt stops but they are not SS and may not come with pins. I would prefer SS bolt stop if possible. I'd really like to have external but getting action milled and parts maybe a little more costly than I prefer.

Bottom metal - would prefer SS, but could have coated whatever I find. Didn't find to many places that had in stock.

Follow and Spring - Have not googled much, may have to find used.

Trigger - I have been waiting on a Shilen for a good while, they are waiting SS safety piece. May be another 3-5 months. I may have to look at other trigger brands/whats in stock.

I have PTG fluted bolt and shroud. I didn't look to see if it had a firing pin.........might be a good idea to look !!!!

Stock - Quite a few to choose from.

Not sure if I am leaving anything out, if I am jump in let me know. If anybody has comments on where I should look to source I may not have found, or know of.

Thanks, Billy

I use PT&G bottom metal, I buy them unfinished and finish them by either soda blasting or hand polishing to match the receiver finish. I also run Jewell triggers on my own rifles, but hear good things about Trigger Tech and I am going to be trying one out soon.
Don't know where you will get a bolt stop.
Follower and spring will have to be sourced from somewhere other than Remington. I can't even get ejector parts at the present time.
What recoil lug do you have?
Stocks, personal choice.
That's about it.

Cheers.

We stock nearly all you need, we have bolt stops in route to us, they will be here by mid next week.

SS trigger pins
Bolt stops
Bolt release springs
Bottom metal assembly's
magazine boxes, followers & springs.
Triggers and more.

I use PT&G bottom metal, I buy them unfinished and finish them by either soda blasting or hand polishing to match the receiver finish. I also run Jewell triggers on my own rifles, but hear good things about Trigger Tech and I am going to be trying one out soon.
Don't know where you will get a bolt stop.
Follower and spring will have to be sourced from somewhere other than Remington. I can't even get ejector parts at the present time.
What recoil lug do you have?
Stocks, personal choice.
That's about it.

Cheers.
I don't have a clue on the recoil lug.

I don't have a clue on the recoil lug.
Because I build switch barrel rifles predominantly, I buy PT&G .250"/.300" dual pinned tapered recoil lugs. The taper is on the sides and aids in not marring your bedding compound when disassembling a tight bedded action.
They also do non-tapered in the same thickness, but I think the tapered is the way to go.

Cheers.

I have a Rem 700 in 270 WSM, never fed well from the factory BDL mag box, adjusted the spring, and tried different followers, pretty common issue from what I understand. Changed it over to a center feed mag setup, problem solved. Just something to consider as you buy parts.

Paducah Shooter Supply in Paducah KY had a lot of misc remington parts. I ordered some misc stuff for a 783 build last spring. Believe they said they were a remington warranty repair facility or some such thing. They were very helpful and friendly. Had a fast response time as well.

We stock nearly all you need, we have bolt stops in route to us, they will be here by mid next week.

SS trigger pins
Bolt stops
Bolt release springs
Bottom metal assembly's
magazine boxes, followers & springs.
Triggers and more.

thanks for the information