Help outside neck diameter

Jinx-)

Got my Forster original outside neck turner attachment 4 days ago, in the manual which came with it, for .308 Winchester cases SAAMI has .3435" outside neck diameter. I measured necks on the brass fired and its measures 0.346" my question: according to SAMI .308 should have max .3435" outside neck diameter, so if my fired cases coming out 0.346" does this considered to be none-standard chamber? Should I in the future trim my necks to 0.346" - 0.344"? When I neck size previously fired brass neck diameter of those with the bullet seated is 0.334" so it looks like +0.012" difference between them.
Thanks for any suggestion…

Got my Forster original outside neck turner attachment 4 days ago, in the manual which came with it, for .308 Winchester cases SAAMI has .3435" outside neck diameter. I measured necks on the brass fired and its measures 0.346" my question: according to SAMI .308 should have max .3435" outside neck diameter, so if my fired cases coming out 0.346" does this considered to be none-standard chamber? Should I in the future trim my necks to 0.346" - 0.344"? When I neck size previously fired brass neck diameter of those with the bullet seated is 0.334" so it looks like +0.012" difference between them.
Thanks for any suggestion…

You have .012" neck clearance around your loaded round. That is larger than usual.

You have brass neck thickness of .013" which is normal but a little on the low side.

You do not need to neck turn but might want to in order to make your neck thickness more consistant for better bullet release and runout.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.