Help on scope

farmer44

I want a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 but wondering if there is really that much difference in shooting the 500-600 yard range or would the Nightforce 3.5-15 x 56 NXS be
for the job? all input appreciated.

I've used them both.

I've got the 3.5-15 X 56 on my main coyote hunting rifle..........works wonderful at 500 and 600 yds.

I think it's the best combination of power and functionability for anything under 700 yds, and I know that alot of guys are using 15X for stuff way longer than 700. I just prefer a little more power for the 800-1000 yd stuff myself.

The good thing about the 15X NF is that you don't Have to have the power on 22 for the reticle to work as advertised (moa or mill)......15 is good in just about any conditions, even usable in high mirage, which is where 22X can cause problems. very low light.........15 is more usable too.

I would go for the NXS 5.5-22x56 simply because if you want to reach out a little further you have the extra power.
There really isn't that much difference (a little I know) on your lower setting but there is a wide gap on the higher
Just my input

I found a older model 5.5-25x56 an older bench rest Not a NSX anyone familiar with this scope?

You will get bored very quickly shooting 5-600 yards and want to shoot further. I'd go with the 5.5-22 .

Are you familiar with that model I just posted by chance?

Does it have tall knobs with covers, or short knobs with covers.??

My 3.5-15 is pre-NXS, very short adjustment knobs with screw down covers. But I don't believe it was considered part of their benchrest line at the time.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts