Help on rings and picatinny base

JTH

New to the site. Lots of great info here.

I just picked up a Rem Sendero in 7mm Rem Mag and could use some advice on bases and rings. Scope for now will likely be a Zeiss Diavari FFP 2-10 50mm that I already had on another rifle. Still trying to decide on a long term scope for this gun but will likely stick with 30mm tube and 50mm objective.

1. What's the practical difference between a 0 moa and 20 moa base? What I mean by this is if I go with a 20 MOA base will there be a negative impact to shooting at 100 yards?

2. I plan to cerakote the rifle. Are there any negative consequences to cerakoting the base and rings?

3. Steel or Aluminum?

4. Recommended manufacturer and height of rings for my set-up.

Appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks.

Welcome,

There will be no negative side effect to a 20 moa base at 100 once the gun is sighted in. The cerakote will protect the surfaces of the base and rings, however, could throw off your contact points if not installed properly. I would go steel on steel or vis-versa. There are a lot of good company's out there related to bases and rings. Ring heights differ from manufacture. On my build I bought Badger Ordnance steel. With your setup and barrel profile, you could get away with medium height rings! Good luck.

There are no side effects to the 20moa base assuming you have enough internal travel to sight in at 100 yards.

With your setup you will be fine sighting in at 100 yards

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.