Help on a prefit barrel

Rum Man

Ok guys I have a prefit carbon barrel for a Defiance tenacity...is it possible to put this on a Remington or Christensen action ?
I can build the Crap out of a House but Gun Smithing is not my Expertise.

Rum Man

They should use the same tennon thread dimensions so a smith should be able to make them touch peepee's if you need/ wanted. Might not be cost effective but still likely cheaper than buying another barrel.

I just hate to take off the 300 Rum barrel it shoots lights out right now .
I guess it's no worries really the 300 Rum is a Remage set up ..it will be easy to put on another action.
Thank you guys !

Rum Man

Another home builder here. I put a shouldered prefit for unknown action with remington thread on a remington. Bolt head hit the breach and wouldn't close. I measured everything best I could and ordered a new recoil lug custom cut to the thickness I needed. Fixed head space with 2 twist of a reamer by hand and proceeded to shoot about 5/8" on the high side with bullets it likes. Moa or so with bullets it doesn't like.

I just hate to take off the 300 Rum barrel it shoots lights out right now .
I guess it's no worries really the 300 Rum is a Remage set up ..it will be easy to put on another action.
Thank you guys !

Rum Man
You should be able to make it work since it's a nutted barrel. If there's not enough threads left on the barrel for the nut to move far enough forward due to the longer tenon, the nut could have the forward threads relieved so it's not an issue-provided you've still got enough threads engaging with the nut to lock securely in place. Spin it on and see...

The Remage barrel will be no problem. I was wondering about the Prefit barrel but I have figured it out !
Thanks

Rum Man