• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Help Needed Finding Thread

Reelamin

I am attempting to purchase some bullets, and I have not heard from the seller. I mailed out the MO almost two weeks ago and now I can't find the thread and even my "conversations" we were having are gone. Any help would be appreciated.

I am attempting to purchase some bullets, and I have not heard from the seller. I mailed out the MO almost two weeks ago and now I can't find the thread and even my "conversations" we were having are gone. Any help would be appreciated.
What bullets were you trying to buy? I see you were in a thread on Dec 6th for some 7mm 162gr.

What bullets were you trying to buy? I see you were in a thread on Dec 6th for some 7mm 162gr.
The seller listed several different bullets. I was buying the Hornady 6mm BTSP 100gr. He had three boxes of 100. Lots of conversation back and forth as he wanted to sell one to another person. I said sure so we agreed on two boxes. I mailed the money order on 120621, so it would have been within the week before I'm thinking.

Your best bet is to message a moderator, often times they'll steer you in the right direction.

If you sent your money order via USPS mail with a non-tracking service - its not uncommon from letters to go MIA for weeks.

Your best bet is to message a moderator, often times they'll steer you in the right direction.

If you sent your money order via USPS mail with a non-tracking service - its not uncommon from letters to go MIA for weeks.
Yeah thanks, I know he got it as he asked and clarified my shipping address. I'll look for a moderator. Thanks again.

Yeah thanks, I know he got it as he asked and clarified my shipping address. I'll look for a moderator. Thanks again.
It is common practice for the seller to provide a tracking # once the item was shipped, you did not get this?

It is common practice for the seller to provide a tracking # once the item was shipped, you did not get this?
I sold three packages, bought two things, and they were perfect and exactly as expected. Full fast conversations and tracking numbers by everyone. This one was the same until I clarified my shipping address.....nothing. I am old school trusting and figured it was covid slow mail. Yet the others from farther away....showed up in days. Just thought I better contact him and find out what is going on as it has been a while. Now I can't find it and dont want to post his name on here until I can verify more.

I sold three packages, bought two things, and they were perfect and exactly as expected. Full fast conversations and tracking numbers by everyone. This one was the same until I clarified my shipping address.....nothing. I am old school trusting and figured it was covid slow mail. Yet the others from farther away....showed up in days. Just thought I better contact him and find out what is going on as it has been a while. Now I can't find it and dont want to post his name on here until I can verify more.
Maybe because of snail mail and the seller getting the money from the MO before sending. Jill and I have had many sales and buys with members on LRH. If selling we most of the time get PayPal and ship the same day. If someone is sending a check we still send the same day. We trust members on here. Also when have sent checks to other members because they didn't have paypal. They sent us the items same day without waiting for the check or it to clear.
Trust and reputation is a big factor on LRH. LRH has the selling/buying comments also to check out other members.

Maybe because of snail mail and the seller getting the money from the MO before sending. Jill and I have had many sales and buys with members on LRH. If selling we most of the time get PayPal and ship the same day. If someone is sending a check we still send the same day. We trust members on here. Also when have sent checks to other members because they didn't have paypal. They sent us the items same day without waiting for the check or it to clear.
Trust and reputation is a big factor on LRH. LRH has the selling/buying comments also to check out other members.
LOL....at myself...yeah I did a couple pay pals and they charge me a fortune in fees (business account) from when I had a guide business. That is why I waited for as long as I did. I then went with the MO and it worked great. I want to believe something is causing the delay and would like to ask first. Hopefully I will get a moderator to message me and help out. I'm just old and not techy at all.

LOL....at myself...yeah I did a couple pay pals and they charge me a fortune in fees (business account) from when I had a guide business. That is why I waited for as long as I did. I then went with the MO and it worked great. I want to believe something is causing the delay and would like to ask first. Hopefully I will get a moderator to message me and help out. I'm just old and not techy at all.
We do F&F on PAY Pal.
I am sure that you will get your items soon. Probably just the mail.
Just some advice always have a conversation with your buyer or seller. We met a lot of really nice people on LRH through buying/selling and have friends till today. It doesn't take much to call or text. We never do a transaction without giving the other person our contact info -Cell. email and also get their info.
For just a few hundred $s we trust all the LRH members. If it was $2-3K for a rifle or scope we would be concerned.

Edit....I checked the dates and I mailed the MO on Dec 6, so I am wrong on time frame. I would still really like to touch base with him and verify we are still good to go.

I had a similar situation arise several weeks ago. Come to find out the member I was dealing with got banned from the site here before he got my shipping address. Luckily, he did eventually get in contact with me and finalized the transaction.