Help! My Wife thinks I am a nut?

kc

Deer season starts November 15th here in Michigan, and I can't stop pulling out my Deer Rifles and cleaning and greasing areas, double checking every thing I am taking, (wife)She walked into my exersize that goes back to when I was ten, aiming at a spot on my wall and holding it in my sights, just holding it there and keeping control not letting my Barrel dance.
walking around in my new Boots, trying to break them in, (done) oiling my stocks working in the wood. I am going nuts I can't wait every day I have been talking with the gang I hunt with and they are feeling the same way. one of my best friends (thank God for him) stoped in saturday and brought me some loines and a roast, I just about kissed him, but he is an ARMY RANGER.
I have four knives, I always bring a few extras if one of the guys need one.
and every one you can shave with. checking all my Ammo, and double checking my Silva Compass. Finding my old clothes that were in a box from last year. I have had my back pack dumped and reloaded to make room for the most inportant things I will bring into the swamp.
I just don't know maybe I am going crazy, I see Deer in my sleep. Am I the only person having this problem?

On rainy days before the season starts, I will just lay in my bed and open the window closest to me and randomly range things with my range finder. I try and see how "close" I can get to guessing how far the object is from my house. I also do the same thing you do with pointing the gun at the wall, but usually I point the gun at random objects outside and practice my breathing. Load up some snap caps and practice trigger control on those rainy days. That is what gets me through the nasty days before and during the season :D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.