Help....my wife cant see consistently through th scope.

DSMITH1651,
I didn't read very many of the sugestions. None mentioned having her close her eyes and bring up the rifle to her shoulder. Then she opens her eyes and notices what she sees. Does she see the lower part of the scope or the top edge. You will have to get the correct height of rings if what she sees is not the center of the scope. Does she see the whole sight picture or a part. The scope needs to be able to move forward and backward to check the last part.

Of course this is all based on the idea she is consistant in her gun placement.

The way I check my setup is,with my eyes closed,I shoulder the rifle in a comfortable shooting position.When I open my eyes,I should be seeing the full scope view.If not I work from there.Adding a cheek riser,moving the scope back,changing the scope to one with more eye relief,or getting a better fitting stock with the right length of pull.When I put my rifles to my shoulder and look through the scope,it's there without having to adjust my head to see perfectly through the scope.

Too late to help on this hunt, but have you considered building her a rifle with a Savage Accu-Fit stock in a caliber that won't intimidate her? It just may save your hunting relationship.

My wife love to hunt but she has been getting very frustrated because she can't see through a scope consistently. She missed the opportunity on a buck last year because she couldn't see through the scope. Its bad enough that she's not eaven excited about our elk hunt next week.

Is there a somewhere she can take some shooting classes and get professionally fitted so she can enjoy going again.

I have tried to help but I dont know how and it normally ends in a fight, from what I can see she is shouldering the gun to low and can't get a check weld but she says its comfortable there. I'm going to make a foam riser for the stock at work today.
Get her back to the basics, get her to the range daily.get her a clear picture thru the scope mark her cheek contact on the stock with tape, practice, practice, practice. She needs to feel every part of that weapon where it touches her, how it touches her. When she knows all that she needs to stay calm throughout the entire run.

My wife love to hunt but she has been getting very frustrated because she can't see through a scope consistently. She missed the opportunity on a buck last year because she couldn't see through the scope. Its bad enough that she's not eaven excited about our elk hunt next week.

Is there a somewhere she can take some shooting classes and get professionally fitted so she can enjoy going again.

I have tried to help but I dont know how and it normally ends in a fight, from what I can see she is shouldering the gun to low and can't get a check weld but she says its comfortable there. I'm going to make a foam riser for the stock at work today.

Honestly, it is unfair to make an assessment based on the picture of her that you provided.

1- Make sure she is shooting with her dominate eye.
2- practice often with a scoped 22 rifle.
3- practice with her hunting rifle.
4- Dry fire on doe's and bucks she doesn't intend to shoot. (With the center fire rifle only, Because it is bad for a rimfire.)
5- if I didn't say it already, Practice!

Good luck and shot straight!

Some thoughs - starting with the basics. My first hought is she might not know what she is looking at and through. Is her eye relief correct? Can you change the scope height (rings) to get down to the level her eye is? Without some sort of cheek rest, most people end up with their neck bent over. Not only is that uncomfortable, it cause conastnt shifting to get comfortable. She looks that way to me in the picture. Lots of GREAT suggestions here as well!

Is she sweating or crying, there is tear drop on her Cheek. Try to have her focus on a sharp black line on white paper On full power, by adjusting her eye piece and range Adjustment. If it looks great to you it may be a blur to her.

Where do you live?

She needs a Morgan recoil pad to position the rifle right and a long eye relief scope so she's getting a full field of view. Did it for my wife 20 year ago now it my daughters rifle is getting it. Pads about 35 $.

Lots of good suggestions but you may want to consider starting off with someone else helping her and you stand back,watch and listen (I know it's probably to late for this hunt)

Best of luck

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.