Help me select optics.

CCR_1995

I recently picked up a New Weatherby backcountry non ti in 6.5 wby rpm, and a christensen ridgeline in 300 PRC. I have a Manners EH-1 stock ordered that i plan on using for the ridgeline. I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go on optics. I am leaning towards a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56 for the 300 PRC, and a Leupold VX-6 3-18x50 for the 6.5 rpm. Ideally, I would like to shoot at game 500 and in with the weatherby, and 1000 and in with the 300 PRC. Suggestions? I'm fairly set on the mark 5 for the 300, although some of the khales options with the skmr reticle are tempting. Where I'm getting hung up is on the weatherby. I'm also considering the S&B Polar T96 4-16x52. I know I want to stay in that magnification range, and i would prefer a lighter optic seeing as how the rifle is only around 5 lbs. Thoughts?

Depends a lot on the type of reticle that your like for both setups.
Out to 500 yards we really like the Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x50 with the FireDot reticle; it has enough magnification and a fine enough reticle for small targets but is bold enough to see it clearly in low light. We tried the Leupold VX-6HD with the Impact 29 reticle and it was hard to see in low light.
Out to 1000 yards we like the Nightforce MOAR or MOAR-T type reticles with the windage holdover and range finding marks. For us a scope with 22x power or higher works good. This type of reticle is not the best for quick close-up shot though.

I like mil option,and I absolutely love my Mark 5 5_25x56.I favor it for shooting and clearer than my March past 20.The March is picky on focus which is a pain because I use it to judge animal.The downside is I dont consider my the M5 my daily packer.Its big.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.