• McMillan A-3 Sporter

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Manners MCS-EH1

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • other

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

wilkup

I've got a Rem LTR that is getting reamed out to 22-250AI. Just ordered a Leupold VX6 4-24 for it. Got Accurate Mag bottom metal/dbm setup.
Just need to find a good stock to upgrade it to now...

McMillan Game Scout (available now in a color I like)
McMillan A-3 Sporter
Manners MCS-EH1

Are there any other options in this style category that I might check out too?

Ordered a Greybull to check out in person. We'll see how that goes and whether or not I send it back to upgrade to a McM GS.

I have a grey bull and a manners t2. The manners is much better in my opinion, like not even in tbe same league. Another benifit to the manners is as I just found this out. I ordered a seder contour and am now ready to step up to a larger cal rifle and wanted to get the heavier contoured barrel to take the length out to 30". I thought my project was stuck but I called manners and they said send the stock in and we will recontour it for free just pay shipping. So you gotta love a company that takes care of your changing situation like that.

Never thought I would do it, but this is my first chassis. Takes getting used to but looks pretty sick.
Jury is still out whether it gets morphed into a more traditional hunting stock.

That said McMillan or Manners get my vote. I think you may want the slight comb height on the A1-3. I have been looking at it also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 25
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.