Help me pick a scope.

Yeah. That looks like a perfect match. If I don't like it, will I take a bath on resale value?
I have 2 in ffp, one illuminated, one not. They're here til I'm gone. It's pretty rare to see them for sale, if they have a good reticle. Don't worry about resale, you'll lose little $$$, unless you abuse it.

The March also has a lens coating that allows it to cut the glare when shooting into the sun. The Leupold VX-6HD, ATACR, NXS, Zeiss V6, do not have this coating. I and others have the issue with the NF scopes not being in focus when parallax free(three of my 4 NF's do this) and I am also not a fan of the eyepiece turning when you turn up the zoom.
All of the scopes mentioned are good scopes, finding the one that suits you the best is generally some sort of compromise.

I have a March 3-24x52 F,and my Leo Mark 5 5-25x56 is clearer at 20 and up and the March paralax on mine is real picky at 20 and up.Feel like I over paid after using Leo.The Leo is 30 0z.

I like everything about NF ATACR 5x25x56 or new 7x35x56 except the size and weight. I really like the MOART illuminated. I'm only interested in SFP and MOA in .25.

But it weighs 39 ounces. I'd like to be less than 30 ounces.

Everyone runs down the NXS glass quality when compared to Zeiss and Swarovski. Seems like the NXS would be a nice compromise if they had similar quality glass.

My hesitation with the Zeiss and Swarovski is the vertical adjustment limitations. I'd like to shoot out to 1,500-1,700 yards for fun. Rifle is .300 Win Mag with 26" #5 fluted. Primary use will be hunting.

Is there a scope out there that meets my needs? Budget is 3k or less.
Leupold V6 HD 4-24x52.

If you buy the March and don't like it, just pm me first and I'll be the first in line to take it off of your hands

Wow, I must have a bad March,because it doesnt look and different than my SS,or friends Swaro,and my Mark 5 is easily better at 20 and up.And was alot less.My March has been on my 338NM last four years and I like all features,low turret,clicks,3 x for timber,weight it on 7# rifle.But at 20 and up looses clarity and parallax is real picky there,mentioned in most reviews also.For the price I expected it to be perfect.Based on this scope I would not purchase again because past 20x is not very good,so I find myself not using it

sp6x6,
It's too late now, but if I get something that I expect to be perfect and it isn't, I call the company. Someone there would have wanted to make you a happy customer.

I like everything about NF ATACR 5x25x56 or new 7x35x56 except the size and weight. I really like the MOART illuminated. I'm only interested in SFP and MOA in .25.

But it weighs 39 ounces. I'd like to be less than 30 ounces.

Everyone runs down the NXS glass quality when compared to Zeiss and Swarovski. Seems like the NXS would be a nice compromise if they had similar quality glass.

My hesitation with the Zeiss and Swarovski is the vertical adjustment limitations. I'd like to shoot out to 1,500-1,700 yards for fun. Rifle is .300 Win Mag with 26" #5 fluted. Primary use will be hunting.

Is there a scope out there that meets my needs? Budget is 3k or less.
Used pm2

In my opinion I hardly notice the extra 8-9oz between my 5-25x56 ATACR and my 5.5-22x56 NXS, when it comes to a 10-12 lb rifle. The ATACR is better glass but not by a lot. I would say if the ATACR meets all your requirements then go with it and don't be strayed off by the weight. It's the best scope I've ever used.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts