Help me pick a Rifle sling

I'm old school, I like a 1 piece 1" wide leather sling with a buckle, made like the uncle mikes web but leather it's soft, quiet, doesn't slip and locks rock solid. The original Mouse trap.

I am installing side flush cups on my rifles to make sling carry more comfortable and that made me realize I don't like the slings I've used. I have several different kinds and I have been disappointed with all of them for some reason or other. I'm wanting a sling that is light, non bulky, that stays on your shoulder, and stays where you adjust it to be. Is that too much to ask of a sling?

What are you guys using and why do you think it is the best?

Check out the Boonie Packer Sling by Safari Slings. Carry over from Nam patrol ready cordage improvised sling. Invest $20 to try it. Bet you won't go back to traditional slings. About 2" wide nylon web sling. Allows many rifle orientations.....on back with muzzle up or down; horizontal rifle in shooting/patrol position (scope above rifle) with one or both hands free..... great for snap shots......especially in predator country where you are prey; tight under arm pit for protection of scope and rifle control in brush. Sling usually goes over opposite shoulder so cannot slide off shoulder.....carries rifle weight effortlessly. Use it even with backpack. Usually attaches at traditional swivel sling mounts, but can rig other attachment points. Newer version has rubberized stripes on nylon web to prevent sling slippage. I actually prefer the older version sans rubberized stripes....never had issue with sling slippage and allows easier length adjustment...IMHO. Only sling I use for packing traditional hunting rifles. ARs, and up to Barrett M107A1 .50BMG 29" barrel with bipod and monopod between firing setups.

I second the Safari Sling recommendation of Pro2A (#18, above).
I will confirm that once you use it, you won't go back.
The very best part of this sling is that it carries the weapon across your front virtually hands free. In fact, you end up very your arms comfortably resting on the weapon as you walk, and does not require you to have a thumb or hand on the sling to keep it on your shoulder.
That said, there is a learning curve. The rear of the sling is a very large loop designed to drop the sling away as you raise the rifle to your shoulder, making quick shouldering a breeze. But afterward, the loop must but put around the buttstock to re-carry. It's easy if you set it up right (per instructions) and learn a little technique to do it. Soon becomes second nature. Once you get it, and try it IN THE FIELD, you'll really appreciate the comfort of the carry style. I have them on each rifle, and it even works on one with flush cups on the stock sides.

Another Blue Force Vickers padded owner. Just got one on the advice of a friend. Have yet to use it in the field, but it is several orders of magnitude nicer than something like an Uncle Mike's sling. Material is supple and I expect it to be low noise. Attention to the details is high. I'll be using it with MSR type flush cup QD's on a bolt action.
https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling

Disappointing to read that the Magpul has issues in the field. I bought one to evaluate and I thought it nearly as nice as the Blue Force Vickers, but it wlll be the BF going on the rifle.

Another vote for the Slogan Outdoors slings. I have a dozen of them. Once you set it at the length you want, it won't slip! They stay put on your shoulder, and because of their elasticity, you can stretch it into nearly any shooting position required, and then it automatically returns to your set position. (Like a big rubber- band.). They are not super light, with the 1" model being a few ounces lighter than the magnum version. They do come equipped with either style swivel you require. They are all I use, and I've given away 4 or 5 as gifts. In every case, the recipient has asked me later: "Where can I get another one?"

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.