Help me pick a 308!

so nothing i do in quickload, just a tool, not a bible. will produce the velocity in a safe pressure.
no powder i checked in quickload would. so what i do not know, what is the make of brass, and do you know the volume. i shoot a lot of 308, which it caught my eye.

so nothing i do in quickload, just a tool, not a bible. will produce the velocity in a safe pressure.
no powder i checked in quickload would. so what i do not know, what is the make of brass, and do you know the volume. i shoot a lot of 308, which it caught my eye.
It's Sig brass. From what I have heard quickload does not work well with solid copper bullets. Again, "from what I've heard".

BAB1080B-FAFC-421B-83EB-C2D6286ABD01.png

why shoot a 16" 308 ??
try a 30/30, and 7.62x39
a full case and no bbl length, means poor burn
short bbl guys with full size cases have me lost
i'll go away
I shot a Wichita silhouette pistol in 308 with a 13" barrel. Don't have the exact load in my head anymore ,but I know it was a 150 Sierra GK with H322 powder. You could shoot it right up to dusk without muzzle flash. That tells me it was a pretty complete burn.

It's Sig brass. From what I have heard quickload does not work well with solid copper bullets. Again, "from what I've heard".

View attachment 317142
only when people do not select the correct "start pressure" solid copper bullet....start pressure really is a big deal, and zero jump/jam is a factor. but your oal is not max and most throats are longer than max coal.

What about the savage with carbon fiber wrapped barrel, cheaper than both reviews have it shooting tiny groups, longer barrel but still light

What about the savage with carbon fiber wrapped barrel, cheaper than both reviews have it shooting tiny groups, longer barrel but still light
That was one of the only 308s that my LGS was able to order, I don't mind those savages but their stick is so darn ugly, I'd be looking at replacing it quickly

To op, (and all interested) New Springfield Armory Waypoint, .308 w/20" barrel.....using a Silencerco Harvester 300... 8.6 lbs on bathroom scale.... I got out to a buddy's ranch @ 1030am, sunny 58* with lit'l to no wind. Starting with Hornady Black 168gr Amax, My first 5 shots were to get scope zero'd @ 100 yards w/cleaning every round fired..Then began my one round and cleaned for 10 rounds, then went to 3 shot groups and cleaned til completed. My 2nd 3round string provided a slightly vertical .500" group. I then switched to Nosler 110gr Varmageddon, Again my 2nd group of 3rds gave a bowling pin look of ( 9*-11*-6* O'clock) group of .400-.500. ....... Lastly I tried Federal 110gr Vmax, after fouling a cleaned barrel like all strings above, I shot a 5 shot group having 2 pair / 4 shot group inside the 1" Target @ (9*-10* & 1*-2* O'clock respectively), and single at 12* o'clock just outside Target, measured bout .700. I wished I knew how to copy/paste etc., to show targets and rifle, but, I'm not that computer save'...... Spelling may be off as well!! All in all, I am very very happy and pleased with this rifle/suppressor combo. I wished I had some 130gr. to sling as well but feel they would be about same until proven differently. I hope this response gives you a reason to think about a Waypoint. I waited a year or so to find one on Bud's site. I do believe it was worth the wait...... Thanx for takin' a moment to consider this gun. NSN/75w

As a couple have said I wouldn't buy either. If your set on a carbon barrel buy a tikka and a proof prefit. If carbon isn't a must buy a tikka and have money left to buy a nice stock.

My father has a CA 308 carbon barrel and IMO I don't think it's worth the price. Shoots ok but nothing extraordinary.

Bergara makes a pretty nice action as well and it's 700 based. I've played with a few friends rifles that shoot very well.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Tikka, I want to get a 6mm creedmoor and it will be a Tikka, I have their 22 and 17 hmr, both are amazing, 22 replaced cz 455 and 17 replaced rpr, 22 will do under .5. groups at 50 yds all day long and 17 has shot 3/8 at 100, I've had 4 out 5 in one hole at 100 with 17 with 5th one making it a .5 group.

I helped a friend zero his 6.5cm Cross and I was impressed for a $1,500 rifle. It shot factory ammo decent although he doesn't reload the Hornady ELDX grouped sub moa.

I liked his so much I went out and bought a 308win for a truck gun. I have only ever shot Federal GMM 168gr ammo, but it is probably close to 1/2 moa. The trigger is good for factory and plenty serviceable for a 16" 308win.

The first picture is the first 11 rounds shot out of the gun. Then followed up with a 5 round group because I didn't think my first group with the can represented what it was capable of. I still think I could do better if I tried again. But that wasn't the point of this rifle.

20211106_172125.jpg
20211207_154804.jpg
20211201_132910.jpg