Help me pick a 308!

Mason Blackmon

I'm stuck between getting two 308s. One being a sig cross 16" that weighs 6.5lbs. The other a Christensen arms 20" carbon fiber barrel also weighs 6.5 lbs. I will be using a suppressor so I guess I'm looking for peoples real world reviews on accuracy and problems. I know sig had a recall but I believe that's sorted now. Thanks for the help guys!

I currently own 3 Christensens, 2 MPRs .300WM and .338 LA and a BA Tactical .300WM Both .300s are suppressed, they all shoot sub-MOA better than I can shoot them. I have not owned, nor do I know anyone that has had nothing but awesome shooting Christensens. The folks that say otherwise usually have no experience or just cannot shoot, just "FAKE NEWS".

I currently own 3 Christensens, 2 MPRs .300WM and .338 LA and a BA Tactical .300WM Both .300s are suppressed, they all shoot sub-MOA better than I can shoot them. I have not owned, nor do I know anyone that has had nothing but awesome shooting Christensens. The folks that say otherwise usually have no experience or just cannot shoot, just "FAKE NEWS".
You might want to do more research on that before calling out guys and claiming fake news. Especially about their shooting experience or performance. I have a CA in 300 PRC, shoots like Sh!!. With Handloads, Match ammo etc.
Have another friend who had to get a new barrel after several attempts from CA , who rebarreled it for him. He had to get a reputable gunsmith to get a new barrel on it to solve the problem. It now shoots.
My Smith says the same thing, hit or miss and several of my Professional PRS buddy's
So I call Internet Ninja on you and do some more research. Glad you have had good luck, but yes CA has been known to be hit or miss. Glad you drank the Kool-aid

I have a MPR 308. Looks good. Feels good. Fun to shoot. Shoots 1" groups with the best ammo. For what these rifles cost, they should shoot better. And before anyone says I can't shoot, the next pic is 5 shots from another 308 bolt gun.
6649BFCD-E92A-4C07-8F29-A4AE893D1CA1.jpeg

The only sig I own is in ar10 308. Very high quality machine and shoots far better than the ca mpr bolt gun. Just thought I'd throw that in.

I've got a Cross in 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like the rifle a lot. With very little load development I have a load shooting 0.75" groups. Once I can actually find different powders I really think I can better that.

The gun itself though feels very high quality and just feels balanced really well.

OP people think the carbon barrels a lighter when that isn't the case most of the time. I have had good luck with them and with standard steel barrels. It just depends on the size of gun you're wanting, if you add a Can and are worried about overall length. Go shorter. Don't care for the Velocity difference go shorter.

But again I'd take a Sig over the CA despite what LRH team members say... is CA a sponsor on here? 😂😂😂

You might want to do more research on that before calling out guys and claiming fake news. Especially about their shooting experience or performance. I have a CA in 300 PRC, shoots like Sh!!. With Handloads, Match ammo etc.
Have another friend who had to get a new barrel after several attempts from CA , who rebarreled it for him. He had to get a reputable gunsmith to get a new barrel on it to solve the problem. It now shoots.
My Smith says the same thing, hit or miss and several of my Professional PRS buddy's
So I call Internet Ninja on you and do some more research. Glad you have had good luck, but yes CA has been known to be hit or miss. Glad you drank the Kool-aid
Call what you may! Are not internet ninjas the ones who search the internet to research? Hypocritical? Goes with the territory I suppose! I realize you know everything and have done everything!

Oh! Never mind, I see where you are from, spending too much time at the mission counting sparrows, Board & Brew maybe? Oh, your BUDDY'S in Laguna, shooting PRS, is that what it is called now? Got it Spicolli, hang ten bro! Does your SMITH go to Dana Pt. with you to ride the waves dude?

Call what you may! Are not internet ninjas the ones who search the internet to research? Hypocritical? Goes with the territory I suppose! I realize you know everything and have done everything!

Oh! Never mind, I see where you are from, spending too much time at the mission counting sparrows, Board & Brew maybe? Oh, your BUDDY'S in Laguna, shooting PRS, is that what it is called now? Got it Spicolli, hang ten bro! Does your SMITH go to Dana Pt. with you to ride the waves dude?
Ha ha ha I guess Bruh you got snaked or dropped in on someone at Uppers. Still bitter because you were sponging it up?

Sorry we touched a sore spot, but you started with insults. I'm not hurt nor impressed... again CA is hit or miss. Maybe I'll post up some groups since I can't shoot. Ha ha ha ha will that win you over?

The reason I picked the two to compare is because they are close to the same price, and same weight. I do hunt with a can (and it's heavy unfortunately) I've watched the Military Arms Channel YouTube review and his sig was an inch or just under if I remember right. Not stellar. But I've also seen similar things happen with Christensen arms Hunters have brought down. As far as velocity goes I don't know if I care about the difference as I reload. How well does the sig barrel swap out? I've seen that there's now a company (carbon 6 maybe?) offering aftermarket barrels. Is the Christensen arms take shouldered prefit barrels?