Help me out with Talley Rings

Sam Aspacher

Trying to come up with the right rings for my Mesa Precision crux titanium. According to Mesa it uses the same as a Stiller Tac 30. Talley shows 730719 for a low, black in 30mm. I ordered it, then realized when it came in it is very narrow. Around a half inch. I emailed them and was told a 730725 is the wider one. So I ordered it and when it came realized it's for #6 screws. This time I called Talley and they haven't called back yet.
Anyone familiar with the right part number? Or have been through a similar experience?
The real kicker is I have these rings on another rifle that I ordered years ago. Just don't have the part number.

I use the 73S719, which should be the same as the 730719 but with a recoil pin. Perhaps you were sent the wrong rings the first time as 730719 should be the correct part number. The very narrow base is what you get with their "ultralight" version and part # should end in UL.

The 730725 fits standard Remington or Stiller Predator as well as many other rifles which all have #6 screws.

Thanks for your help. Brian from Talley called me yesterday right after I posted. We determined exactly what you suggested, wrong part was sent the first time. Planning on ordering the 73S719 now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.