Help me knock out a new build

The SST is a magnum cartridge off of the SAUM case, you would need a magnum bolt. I have a 6 SST just about finished and can't wait to start load development.

I have no problem buying a second bolt with a mag bolt face. I'd love to set up a carbon barrel for big game hunting on this action. My problem is the whole Sherman line is only available in the states

Nothing wrong with the 25 Creed, 131s at 2950 look good. I don't have a magnum boltface, so that will be my next caliber for a lightweight carbon fiber hunting rifle barrel. The SST looks great and so does the 257 Blackjack, but I think the 25 Creed will be plenty for me.

I never even thought about the 257 blackjack! Is there plans for production brass?

I got my 6.5 Sherman Shortmag built here in Canada. shipping wasn't anything special. renting the reamer was painless. I'm on my second barrel, so had to rent the reamer twice. actually thinking of setting the barrel back on the 2nd barrel so might have to rent again. I've been making my own brass from remington stuff. as soon as this last batch runs out i'll be ordering the ADG stuff from Rich. Only because SAUM brass has run out here.

I think Bighorn sales in B.C. is carrying ADG brass now. Might want to call Gary and see what he has in stock or can order.

My problem is the whole Sherman line is only available in the states

There's a few of us Canadians running sherman shorts. I rented the reamer from Rich, ADG brass is availble through Bighorn sales like Beeman said. Since the ADG brass Bighorn sales carries is full length saum, doing Rich's sherman max would be easy.

ive talk to Rich a could times, seems like a super nice guy! I love his idea on the Sherman shorts and tacticals but like I said it's so hard to get things into Canada. With the laws it's wild how expensive and time consuming it can be to just get the reamer here (so id have to purchase cause he couldn't rent that long), then dies and brass are near impossible to get across. Just not *Rule 1 Violation*al. If he produces head stamped 270 ss brass I'll find a way to do it!

I can't wait to get it together! I'm extremely excited about it, and very pleased with the feel of it. I'm pretty excited to see what these 131's are all about. This build will be a bit different for me, my other two are on stocks and I'm thinking of going mpa chassis for this one. Here's the specs so far;

-curtis vector short action
-25 Creedmoor, 1:7 twist @26" medium Palma at smith
-Insite arms heathen brake (love this brake) at smith
-triggertech diamond trigger on its way
-alpha 25 creed srp
-blackjack 131's

Only thing I have left to decide is the stock/chassis. I currently have a Mcmillan a5 and a manners t5 which I love. But thinking I might try the mpa comp chassis this time.
I have the MPA chassis and love it. I also have a Christensen Arms part carbon fiber chassis. It's a lot lighter. The MPA is a target gun and the CA is a hunting gun. I have the folding stocks on both of them, this makes them very easy to strap to a pack.

It sounds like your build is going to be awesome.!
Best of luck!

I have no problem buying a second bolt with a mag bolt face. I'd love to set up a carbon barrel for big game hunting on this action. My problem is the whole Sherman line is only available in the states

I never even thought about the 257 blackjack! Is there plans for production brass?
Looks like brass is available and head stamped.

Attachments

• A4ED236D-BA98-4338-8FF5-EC833ED049B3.png
    A4ED236D-BA98-4338-8FF5-EC833ED049B3.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 84
There's a few of us Canadians running sherman shorts. I rented the reamer from Rich, ADG brass is availble through Bighorn sales like Beeman said. Since the ADG brass Bighorn sales carries is full length saum, doing Rich's sherman max would be easy.

I believe Rich's Sherman line is limited to purchase from him not directly from adg meaning unless Gary decides to purchase through rich, I can't imagine Gary being able to get Sherman head stamped brass. I have emailed to find out and will post my findings. I really want head stamped brass, just a personal thing.

I got my 6.5 Sherman Shortmag built here in Canada. shipping wasn't anything special. renting the reamer was painless. I'm on my second barrel, so had to rent the reamer twice. actually thinking of setting the barrel back on the 2nd barrel so might have to rent again. I've been making my own brass from remington stuff. as soon as this last batch runs out i'll be ordering the ADG stuff from Rich. Only because SAUM brass has run out here.

How are you getting the brass up here (which importing are you using)

Looks like brass is available and head stamped.

That's 25 Creedmoor not 25 blackjack, but thank you. I already have alpha srp 25 Creedmoor on its way

Contact Blackjack bullets, I do believe they are planning on having brass made for the 257 Blackjack. A guy that goes by Coldboremiracle is testing it right now.

Contact Blackjack bullets, I do believe they are planning on having brass made for the 257 Blackjack. A guy that goes by Coldboremiracle is testing it right now.

im thinking more moose and black bear. Not saying the 257 can't, but wouldn't mind some testing to verify lol.