Help me knock out a new build

matt_3479

I stumbled across a smoking deal on a vector and just couldn't pass up on it! It's a short action 308 bolt face. Wow what a beautiful action!

anyways, currently have a stiller Mcmillan a5 260 rem, and a Kelbly manners t5 6mm creed. So what's next?

I can't hunt with a rifle around my area unless it's for coyotes so it won't be hunting built rifle. So thinking about building a true comp based rifle. Try and mpa chassis, trigger tech diamond, Insite arms heathen brake, but can't decide on caliber. Was thinking maybe trying the 25 creed with the 131's.

any thoughts
DC2DDE60-D3C2-4CB1-9D0F-D8BBA2ACE9C9.jpeg

PRS, or F Class? A 25 Creed would be ok. I'd also look into a 6 dasher even though you got a 6 creed. Could also do a 6 BR or BRA. Zero recoil and only about 32 gr of varget. I'm really liking my 6 dasher I built for hunting. 22" barrel gets me 2905 FPS with a 103 eldx.

Would be focused more to the prs style. In Canada we don't have prs per say but it would be closer to that then f-class.
I'm worried that a 6br variant will cause me feeding issues and the dasher not offering me any more then the creed. I figured the 25 should give me more barrel life, better ballistics at the 700+. I haven't ruled out another 6 but I'm shocked how many people aim for a slower 6 when I have a creed already.

if it was only a medium action I would get a mag bolt and do up a saum or wsm of some flavour

PRS, or F Class? A 25 Creed would be ok. I'd also look into a 6 dasher even though you got a 6 creed. Could also do a 6 BR or BRA. Zero recoil and only about 32 gr of varget. I'm really liking my 6 dasher I built for hunting. 22" barrel gets me 2905 FPS with a 103 eldx.

I think the 25creed will work good. I don't have one so no experience there. But with a brake you should be able to spot your hits. I kind of got most calibers covered as well. My 25-06AI barrel is basically done, so I'm re barreling to a 1-7.25" twist 25-284. Got 500 of the 131 BJ already. I'm also in Canada and was pleasantly surprised you can buy them up here.

I think the 25creed will work good. I don't have one so no experience there. But with a brake you should be able to spot your hits. I kind of got most calibers covered as well. My 25-06AI barrel is basically done, so I'm re barreling to a 1-7.25" twist 25-284. Got 500 of the 131 BJ already. I'm also in Canada and was pleasantly surprised you can buy them up here.

what barrel are you going with?

I have a 6 brx (similar time a dasher). Zero feed issues with primal rights kit and much better barrel life than a creed. I'd go this route or dasher. You won't be disappointed. If you're stuck on the quarter bore I'd look at the 25 sst with the 131 blackjack.

I have a 6 brx (similar time a dasher). Zero feed issues with primal rights kit and much better barrel life than a creed. I'd go this route or dasher. You won't be disappointed. If you're stuck on the quarter bore I'd look at the 25 sst with the 131 blackjack.

I'd love to try an Sherman cal but there is zero support here in Canada. The price to get everything up here (reamers, brass) is outrageous!!

i decided to try for the first barrel a 25 creed, my smith has done a couple with great success so I'll give it a whirl. I'm trying to figure out a way to get Sherman stuff up her for a second barrel

I'd love to try an Sherman cal but there is zero support here in Canada. The price to get everything up here (reamers, brass) is outrageous!!

i decided to try for the first barrel a 25 creed, my smith has done a couple with great success so I'll give it a whirl. I'm trying to figure out a way to get Sherman stuff up her for a second barrel
You can rent the reamers. Don't know if that helps or not but I don't think you have to buy it. Contact Rich Sherman in here. His handle is elkaholic and he will be happy to help you however he can I do know that!

If you want to wildcat and want a screamer for a short action and that 131, you could try a 25-243 AI / 25-260 AI, in my .260 AI I am sending the 156 at 2940 fps, 140's were 3070-3125 with RL26, so a 131 in a 25 cal variant would likely break 3100 without an issue, depending on barrel. Mine is a 29".

Looks like a nice action. I've never had one but it looks to have the same features I like that my defiance deviants have. You should do the 257 cal build and let us know how u get along with the 131 blackjacks. I've thought about building a 25-260 and trying the 131s. Ur build sounds interesting. Keep us up to speed if you go that route.

Exactly the reason I didn't do a Sherman. I built one earlier based on the 270 Win. It's a great round. Problem for us here is sourcing brass. Reamer rental wasn't a problem when I did mine. Had the whole gun built in the states by Borden. A friend of mine built one also and getting the reamer up here was no problem. Maybe after the ITAR changes in March things will become easier for us.