Help me find out about this scope- history of

Made in China. About 978 different companies selling these as TACTICAL SNIPER SUPER DUPER KILLER SCOPES.:)

Riflescope 10-40x50 SFE IR Swat Mil-Dot Tactical Illuminated Scope | eBay

Make a really nice scope to try and duplicate Carlos Hathcock's THRU THE SCOPE SHOT.

Best part is if ya paid $0 for it, all you lost was the walk to the trashcan.:)

L:)L!

If you want to have fun with it, by all means get your money's worth. The reticle reminds me of what the old crossbow scopes used to have.

I personally wouldn't depend on it for hunting. As for the history, I'd imagine there is little to none. Just a scope, its not one of them fancy telescopes from a century ago.

Ditto! I've a seen a couple of variations or so of that reticle, Barska and Truglo comes to mind.

All righty then. Consensus from all is replacement. As far as keeping it for awhile, it's gonna be long enough to save up for a replacement. I'm going to go w/ a Vortex either in a 4-16x50 or a 6.5-20x50, which is on sale now at Midway. Shoot...wish I had unlimited funds, LOL!

Thanks, fellas
Oh, and to the first responder, didn't mean to do a back and forth thing with ya, just wanted to hear more about it, vs " just trash it, crap!". I thought maybe at one time Tasco had made really good scopes, and thought maybe this was from that era.

I'm actually planning on buying my two nephews their first rifles within a few months, and maybe this'll be a good starter scope for one of them. If and when they want to upgrade one day, then it's on them. For now, this will get one of them started.

SP1

I'd go with the lower powered scope. Don't know your budget but Nikon is putting out some nice glass for the price, they're my go to, plus they don't weigh a metric ton.

Hopefully your nephews are only shooting 223.

Bull barrel 22-250, I would go with the more magnification to get the most out of that barrel. I typically run a shotgun with Turkey loads for up close calling but for reaching out there a bit you will enjoy the precision of more magnification especially on smaller targets. If you get a lot of closer or moving shots at 300 yards or less I had better luck with a rifle on an AR platform. I dont get out as much as I used to and I ran a 3.5 x 10 on my 22-250 and always wished I had more magnification. I always had the scope set on the lowest power when moving in case you jumped something and it was never an issue.

Yeah, I'm curious to know what the rifle alone weighs in at when I remove that scope. The bull barrel, at the time, was a selling point for me. I dislike heat build up while at the range target shooting. Having to let the barrel cool on my '06 every 5 rounds or so is a time waster, but I understand it needs to be done. That bull barrel takes a long time to heat up.
Apparently, at the time of purchase,the previous owner informed me that Tikka had stopped offering stainless bull barrels on their T3 line. He also asked a favor of me, that if I ever decided to sell the rifle, to offer it back to him first. He really didn't want to let it go. The only reason he sold it, was to fund the purchase of a new rifle for his son, so as to have a hunting buddy.

Last night I went on Tikka's site, and in their newer versions of the T3, I see the stainless bull barrels have been brought back.

SP1

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.