Help me find a short LOP stock (or chassis) for my wife

As a rifle builder it was a game changer to see how the WBY Camilla fit my daughter and wife, I've built and mod'ed rifles and stocks to fit them for years and you just can not change enough to make it for like a dedicated woman's stock should.
The distance from the trigger to grip and grip diameter are not easy to mod, everything is at an different angle, the face of the butt pad is different and the toe kicks out for their chest, high cheek with cast of. It looks completely bad but it's an absolute game changer!!
The compact stocks do NOT cut it!!

The WBY Camilla and Savage Lady hunter are the two I hands down will recommend, I've tried to get anyone in the custom stock world to copy one and give us a good composite but no dice so far.

For those of you recommending the Camilla: Can you chime in on shooting prone? Most of her shots on game have been prone.

I'll be calling around in attempt to locate one today.

My daughter shoots a lot prone it fits so she loves it, when their comfortable and shooting well the confidence goes through the roof!!
It's actually not comfortable for me to shoot, she's running her Camilla in a 6.5 Creedmore with 124 Hammer bullets just under 3000fps, nothing argues about dieing, she's punched a number of elk with it but everyone was 300 yards or in, it's a mean set up!!!

Heck, I might as well throw in my .002 since no one has brought it up. XLR would have been my first option, but that was covered.

Next on the list is the KRG Bravo. As far as chassis go that aren't space age material, it's pretty light & surprisingly short without the included spacers. It's also significantly cheaper than pretty much any chassis I can find.

t

My wife has been a trooper, shooting my guns over the past three seasons. Filling tags along the way, she finds a way to make it work from my 7mm-08 up to 28 Nosler. We've been trying to find something to fit her, and we keep falling short.

Really thought we had it nailed last year and picked up an x-bolt micro composite in 7mm-08. Round is great. Stock, not so much. Threw that in the safe for the kids someday.

Recently purchased a Tikka T3X Lite in 7mm-08. Really leaning towards a chassis system for her. Needs to be lightweight with adjustable LOP. Probably sub 12". She's 5'8", slender, and pretty narrow shouldered. Also has difficulty with a good cheek weld on typical stocks, so looking for a raised comb.

Sorry for the long winded post, but keeping my #1 hunting partner happy, keeps me in the field. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
hi
Ran into the same problem a few years back when my wife decided I wasn't shooting enough antelope and wanted her own tags . We went thru what I had for a couple seasons , they were mostly two long , two heavy and two much recoil . Put a break on a 25/06 and it was better but made it longer and more front heavy .
Then we we're at a gun shop and they had a Weatherby vanguard Camillia . Weird built thing , stock has a huge drop in the comb and a weird bend in it , it's short and very light . For her a maxed 7mm/08 150 grain load shoots well and she doesn't mind the recoil at all . After 10 or more antelope , half a dozen deer and elk she's happy so I'm happy .
Might give it a shot , not a sales man but it worked for us .
Brian

hi
Ran into the same problem a few years back when my wife decided I wasn't shooting enough antelope and wanted her own tags . We went thru what I had for a couple seasons , they were mostly two long , two heavy and two much recoil . Put a break on a 25/06 and it was better but made it longer and more front heavy .
Then we we're at a gun shop and they had a Weatherby vanguard Camillia . Weird built thing , stock has a huge drop in the comb and a weird bend in it , it's short and very light . For her a maxed 7mm/08 150 grain load shoots well and she doesn't mind the recoil at all . After 10 or more antelope , half a dozen deer and elk she's happy so I'm happy .
Brian
hi
Brian
Hi
My wife shoots 90% from tripod sticks sitting , not prone , the stock on the Camilla has a lot of drop but a high comb and works great for her and she shoots regular out to 400 yards . Because I this seemed to be an opportunity for maybe a new gun in the house I suggested a spare you know just in case , she went for it so i rounded up a Sako and she wanted to try a thumb hole stock , Boyd's light weight thumb hole was inexpensive ( and of course color was a factor ) the thumb hole grip is small and great for there hands , comb is really high and was perfect for her , had it cut to 12 1/2" LOP . It arrived from Boyd's in 9 days , action dropped in nice and it fits her as well as a Camilla, also the stock is light , whole gun under 5 lbs . Might be a good plan also .
Brian

Well, a month and a half later we finally have a Camilla in the safe. Life has been busy and we haven't have a chance to pick it up until yesterday. Wife feels that it shoulders much better than any of our other attempts. I'll be mounting a scope soon and off to the range. I'll keep you all updated.

Well, a month and a half later we finally have a Camilla in the safe. Life has been busy and we haven't have a chance to pick it up until yesterday. Wife feels that it shoulders much better than any of our other attempts. I'll be mounting a scope soon and off to the range. I'll keep you all updated.
Did you get the synthetic or the deluxe? What chambering? Congrats!

My wife's favorite gun now, Camilla. We went with Mark V, synthetic, in 6.5cm. She needed a very light, low recoil gun. Shoots great. Of course a light barrel, so not a range gun. I handed her my 6.5cm Tikka the other day and she thinks the Tikka is heavy. Well compared to her Camilla, yep, not so much compared to my Sauer 202.

I think you guys will be pleased. I really liked the Mark V vs Vanguard-- worth every penny (or dollars) more when it makes the wife happy. I am loading 124g Hammer Hunters.

Attachments

• 20220402_145417.jpg
    20220402_145417.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5