Brien

trying to decide on a new scope

4.5-14x40 30mm tube leupold mark 4 mildot
4.5-14x50 zeiss conquest mildot

will be used primarily for hunting and some target
main concerns are low light, repeatable clicks

also not sure if the zeiss comes with side focus
and worried about bumping tacticle style knobs on the zeiss while hunting
we read an old post where some people talked about the zeiss but it didnt answer all my concerns...
any comments will be welcomed
thanks

I would save the money and go with the Conquest. It is a great scope and the 4.5-14x50 does have side parallax adjustment.

BTM

I've got 3 of the Conquests, two 6.5x20x50 and a 4.5x14x50 all three have side focus and are very repeatable as far as clicks go. They're also all are excellent in low light conditions. As far as the turrets turning on their own during transport or use I haven't had it happen, yet. I suppose it could happen in a scabbard on horseback but I haven't had an opprotunity to find out.

Chris

it is going on a Rem police 300winmag ... will i have trouble if i put the conquest on a 20moa base to have insurance of getting to 1000+yds?
and Jon do you have any of those in stock at the optic zone? i looked last night and didnt see any listed on the website but sometimes that doesnt mean anything...

BTM, One of mine( a 6.5x 20) is on a 300 WM, I put it in Burris Signature rings with 2 .020 inserts for a total of .040. After sighting in dead on at 100 yds. I have 37 moa to adjust up, more than enough to get to 1000 yds. I beleive the 4.5x 14 has 67" total inches of vertical adjustment so if you're close to the center at 100 you should have 30+ moa plus the 20 moa base for a total of 50, more than enough.

Chris

what is the warranty deal about buying it off of a liscensed USA dealer?? 5yrs? lifetime warranty??? i know probably wont ever need it but you just never know!
i would want it in matte finish...
can you email me the price of your scope you have in stock?
btm_fox at yahoo.com

thankyou Jon..
email recieved . will be calling sometime tomorow God willing.!
i think if it is as nice as everyone says there will be more friends calling !

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.