Help Me Decide on Rifle Trade

Trade?

• Yes

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
I recently bought a 700 SPS stainless 300WM off GunBroker, and the barrel was falsely advertised as being 26". To my disappointment when I picked it up from my FFL, I noticed it had a 24" barrel.

I have an opportunity this weekend to trade my buddy for his 700 BDL 300WM with a 26" barrel straight up. Both are early to mid 90s, mine is stainless his is not. The stock is not a consideration because I have a Stockys fiberglass sporter that it is going in. I am loading 215gr bullets for it.

What would you do, trade or no?
Depends on how they both shoot. The barrel length is meaningless if it doesn't group as good as the one you have...

Thanks for the input. I understand that with a SAAMI spec length 300WM, but at 0.01" to 0.04" off the lands I am way longer than SAAMI and just barely past the shoulder with the bullet. I have a uni-throater for both my 300WM and 7RM being delivered tomorrow and will ream a little more freebore into each to get the bullet out of the case's powder capacity. I will be running Wyatt's box in the 300WM, not sure I'll need it for the 7RM yet.
Yeah, that's the only way to solve the SAAMI issue with these older cartridges. It does make shooting factory stuff different but if you're just shooting reloads it doesn't matter. How much length does the Wyatts mag give you?

Yeah, that's the only way to solve the SAAMI issue with these older cartridges. It does make shooting factory stuff different but if you're just shooting reloads it doesn't matter. How much length does the Wyatts mag give you?
Somewhere around 3.8" I believe with the MBE-2.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.