Help Me Choose Waterproof Gaiters?

wilkup

I've had the First Lite Brambler for the past 4 years and they've finally started to leak. I'm in the market for a new pair and am curious what everyone is using.
I don't typically wear camo, so the color wouldn't need to match anything else I own.
Waterproofing and durability are my highest priority here.
I just need them by the end of the month.

Old school.
Bread-Bag-Uses-1.jpg

Seriously, the only gaiters I have ever used is Kuiu. And only a few days a year.

I am actually considering the Kuiu, Stone Glacier and First Lite.
Used to really like OR, but their quality seems to have really dropped off in the past 5ish years.

Kuiu has 2 different types. I have the Kutana in L and they fit over regular boots and tightly over my Crispi Hunter Legends (size 10).

Mine are quiet. Loud gaiters suck.
I really like the snug fit of my FL Brambler. I just want to see if there's anything better 5 years later.
Are the Kuiu Kutana knee high? I'm also curious what you mean by loud because I've never really considered any of my gaiters loud.

I have the Kuiu Kutana in XL that barely fits over a size 12 boot so they are snug. I don't have many miles on them but they are certainly waterproof and I would buy them again. Mine go to just below the knee.

I own several different brands.... kuiu, kenetrek, first lite and sitka. Hands down the best is the kuiu Yukon gaiters. When the snow flies here in Colorado they are my go to without question

I really like the snug fit of my FL Brambler. I just want to see if there's anything better 5 years later.
Are the Kuiu Kutana knee high? I'm also curious what you mean by loud because I've never really considered any of my gaiters loud.
They go just below the knee. Loud as in crunchy when kneeling (velcro) and loud on brush when you walk buy - the Kutana do neither. Like I said, i I have two pairs, one in Vias and the other in brown.

I own several different brands.... kuiu, kenetrek, first lite and sitka. Hands down the best is the kuiu Yukon gaiters. When the snow flies here in Colorado they are my go to without question
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! 🙏
Tell me why though…?

I've had the First Lite Brambler for the past 4 years and they've finally started to leak. I'm in the market for a new pair and am curious what everyone is using.
I don't typically wear camo, so the color wouldn't need to match anything else I own.
Waterproofing and durability are my highest priority here.
I just need them by the end of the month.
I am considering the bramblers, is there a reason you just don't buy another pair? Is it the lack of durability for $80 they should last more than 4 years I would think, I have never wore gaiters but going to Colorado this year and am considering taking a pair for insurance.