Help me choose a tactical stock.

Lrdchaos

Wanting to start shooting competitions. I know the stock on my sendero sfii is probably up to the task. I'm wanting a tactical stock with adj cheek and lop. Looking at the b&c tactical medalist and hs precision tactical. I'm open to others as well if need be. Just don't know if I need to spend 900 when a 5-600 dollar stock will do the trick. Opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I'm partial to the AICS chassis system.....I run two of them on my short actions and love them for competition use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 96
The AI's are bad to the bone, the last rifle I had built was a Deviance Deviant in an AIAX chassis, great stuff!

OP, do you want to run a Modular chassis or stick with the more "traditional" stock? You can get a McRee or XLR for several hundred less than the AI & do the same exact thing. Plus the modulars are a true drop it in, torque it down & forget it. No bedding or 'smithing required.

I don't like the looks of the B&C stocks so they're out for me but, they seem to be pretty sturdy & enjoy a good reputation. The HS stocks with the aluminum bedding block are also GTG. Chad Dixon @ LRI is offering a CNC "bedding" process to machine the bedding block to a 1:1 fit to the exact dimensions of your action, from what I hear, repeated removal & installation has fantastic return to zero results.

t

I would vote for the XLR industries chassis. I got one and thought I was loosing it, paying as much for it as I did for my last rifle. Having bought it, I am very pleased with it.

I've got a HS precision PST 026 which is the vertical grip fully adjustable tactical stock and it is fantastic. It is pricy ($659 at stocky's) but worth it. Another option is put a Karsten adjustable cheek rest on your Sendero stock. It will give you the more consistent cheek weld shot to shot and save you $600. I install cheek rests on every rifle that I intend to shoot long distances.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts