Help me choose a new rifle please!

NorthernSniper

Well I have a Sako Hunter 75 Stainless Synthetic 300WM and I would like to go to a 300WSM in a lite weight. Anybody have any good info or good points for me to mull over? My sons Tikka T3 Lite is pretty nice to carry in the bush it is short and lite but I prefer the sako finnlight it's just a little better rifle in my opinion. What about the Remington Titanium? or Remington XCR?The 6 1/2 lb Titanium sounds good but what about accuracy and quality in the Remington? I expect my rifles to shoot under an inch right out of the box with tuned hand loads. Thanks for any good points to consider or any help deciding between the Remington Titanium, Finnlight SS or any other 6 1/2 pounder SS that you think would fill the bill.

The titanium model is quite pricey. I shoot a 300 SAUM in the Model 7, and with handloads it shoots 150 gr AB and Partition Golds under 1/2 MOA out to 300 yards. It will put 140 Barnes X in one hole, but they are no longer available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have seen the results from the Browning Titanium in 300 WSM. The shooter put 8 rounds through the same hole at 100, and it held a 6 inch group at 500m. All his loads were developed with IMR 4350 straight out of the Nosler manual. His gun devoured the 165 gr NBT at 3000 fps. The load was the accuracy load in the Nosler book.

Thanks for the info Sewwhat I thought the sako Finnlight in 300WSM would be pretty tough to beat but the Browning Titaniun Mountain rifle is pretty **** interesting. I like the idea of three locking lugs in my rifles it seems to me this design should be more accurate than the 2 lug system. I'm also a little curious about the Browning button rifled barrel as opposed to the cold hammered Sako barrels, the cold hammered Sako's don't appear to have very well defined rifling haven't had a chance to look at the rifling on the Browning yet. Ken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.