Help identifying rem 700 stock

bmnkbrandon

I can not figure out what stock this is. My best guess was a bell and Carlson but it does not have aluminum bedding blocks. I plan on selling this rifle as it's been collecting dust but would like to figure out what stock it is. The butt of the stock has up and down and cant adjustments. I was told McMillan when I bought it but cannot find any photos of any sort of stock like this one

Attachments

• D4098725-D4FC-4F29-B682-8C90F136CE9E.png
    D4098725-D4FC-4F29-B682-8C90F136CE9E.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
That appears to be a McMillan A5.
That's what I was told but it doesn't have a dial for comb height and the front of the comb looks slightly different. Unless it was an older model or something? Idk it's just slightly different than a currently manufactured McMillan A5. Also it has that slot with some sort of mounting system in the bottom of the foream

The slot is for use on a tripod. as for the knobs, it could be an aftermarket add on. i would send a picture to mcmillan - they are very nice and super helpful!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.