Help identifying FN Mauser 98 custom trigger

Viking264

Greetings,
As the title says, I hope that someone in the know can ID the trigger on an FN Mauser Supreme action in my possession. Photos are attached. Despite my searching google images, I didn't see anything that looks like this. If it matters, the trigger is adjustable. I've handled quite a few commercial Mausers, but have never seen anything like this.

Best,

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpeg
    IMG_0532.jpeg
    854 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0533.jpeg
    IMG_0533.jpeg
    866.3 KB · Views: 434
It's not aftermarket, it's OEM. That's the only Mauser I've seen that has 2 sets of 'ears' for trigger attachment. The sear is attached in the 'traditional' place, but the trigger its self is pinned to a separate set of ears machined as part of the receiver.

I've got it set at the lightest setting, which seems like somewhere between 1 and 1.5-lbs. It just takes a bit of pressure for it to break.

I have a early Weatherby in 300wby 1950's version on a FN action 4 digit serial number - may have same setup.

This one is in an action with a 4-digit SN, also. B prefix.

This is a 202x serial no prefix - says Jaeger on left side of trigger, I see yours does not - I have a pile of commercial Mauser stuff but nothing like that, reminds me of the "Rifle Basix" Winchester 70 triggers, I will look at some of the receivers to verify what shortgrass mentioned about the mounting ears, I think he has a valid observation.. đź‘Ť

This particular action (and barrel) is marked B-125x; not sure if that SN range sheds any light on it. The trigger is pretty nice; a tiny touch gritty, but at the lightest setting it's pretty easy to break.

I have been very busy, will pop that Weatherby apart to check the trigger, kinda curious myself.

I have never seen a trigger like that on any Mauser action , it looks fully adjustable , probably better than some high dollar triggers of today . FN s where used on Browning and some early Whetherby rifles . Nothing wrong with good FN.

Recent Posts