help identifying a scope

DUSTY NOGGIN

i ended up with a 3x9 scope that came with a rifle purchase , its of the older type ... it has a emblem of a sheild/crest with 2 letters a ( U and a D) plus has a lightning bolt separating em , it also has a brass ring/band near the end of the scope tube near the objective lens ,

Yellow metal rings near the objective lens are sort of the "thing" of Leupold but "U/D" & a lightning bolt... dunno. Make with a pic.

Just a old one , but want to put on this muzzloader , or a little 22lr.. but if it's just gonna knock the lenses or break wire .. you know

Attachments

• IMAG4575.jpg
    IMAG4575.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMAG4576.jpg
    IMAG4576.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMAG4577.jpg
    IMAG4577.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMAG4578.jpg
    IMAG4578.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 263
If I gathered the info correctly; and don't take this as gospel it's from gathered information from a number of sources, it appears to be a United Binocular Company imported Japanese produced scope ala Tasco/Burris.

It looks like it's probably identical to one that I have which is marked Horizon which is a 3-9x with a first focal plane duplex permanently centered reticle (likely a copy of the 30/30 reticle of the period). You'll have to tinker with the turrets to see if its a permanently centered reticle on yours or a moving reticle. The latter sucketh IMO but weren't uncommon into the 60's.

Everything but the gold band is otherwise visually identical to my "Horizon" scope, even the font used in the numbering. Mine doesn't have the best glass by today's standards but it's a decent scope for what it is. Mine's been on everything from .22LR to AR-15 platforms and bashed around a good bit. Still chugging along. I think it'll do fine on just about anything you could put it on except maybe an FAL or SCAR ;) .

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.