Help identify this stock

upacreek

My friend gave me this stock and I am trying to locate who built it. I want another one to fit a different gun. Any ideas??

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 68
It has a high gloss finish. I have a similar stock for a long action but this one weighs 10oz less. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked at all the regular laminate websites that I know of.

morning, COULD be a (fagen) stock maker. Model walkabout stock.

is the stock a composite??lightbulb:)gun) I had one on a custom

243W. I did not have holes in the back of the stock. the forearm

looks the same. this was a mauser 98 action.lightbulb:)gun)

THK. U

I was hoping someone would recognize this and help me figure out which manufacturer. I will email photos today to the 3 I know of. Any help would be appreciated.

morning, COULD be a (fagen) stock maker. Model walkabout stock.

is the stock a composite??lightbulb:)gun) I had one on a custom

243W. I did not have holes in the back of the stock. the forearm

looks the same. this was a mauser 98 action.lightbulb:)gun)

THK. U

This is a laminate stock. The back of the stock is only an inch thick between the holes. I have two boys and want to build matching guns for them. This will work great for them. I will email Fagin today

Found it. Gun parts Corp sells it in a short action coyote outback model. Does anyone know who is building the stocks for these guys? Or who supplies Numrich gun parts Corp? They are just distributor.

morning, wild guess boyd's or try Stocky's Stocks. I do not know if

Fagen still makes stocks of this kind.

Russo I know that any good stock maker can produce the configuration

on this stock, this is a composite made stock. that's why I suggested Fagen

as the maker. Fagen carried the outback model stocks for Mauser 98 stocks.

also know that boyd's has composite stocks. who makes

the stocks I do not know. THK. U lightbulb:)gun)

Just saw that stock on a Winchester in another thread. Said it was a factory stock. Look in the regular long range area under the title "338 edge on the edge"

I saw that as well. Sent a PM and he told me where he bought it from. I spoke to stockys a couple times and they have nothing close. Emails sent to a couple other places and no response yet. Thanks for the help. If anyone finds one I would really like it.

No problem, sorry it didn't solve your problem. If you want to have one made, Joel Russo is who I would call. I've seen some of his work and it's excellent.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.