Hawkeye Pierce

Im going to be ordering a Defiance Machine Ruckus XM action hopefully relatively soon. Only problem is I can't seem to find box magazines for them. American precision arms has new bottom metal for the action as well as Hawkins Precision, just no mags.
What I'm building is a. 260 terminator from defensive edge and the XM will let me take full advantage of seating bullets to 3.0 inches and beyond.
My other issue is do the magazines only work with wsm shaped brass or can it run the 260 shaped brass?
I have other aspersions to get another barrel for it chambered in 7 SS Max if I can get this all figured out.

Have you had any luck with this? I'm looking for the same thing. Have you posted this question on any other forums? I need help!! I'm tired of searching the internets. :(

These guys make a magazine but it requires some 'minor' modifications to fit the defiance XM (works with lone peaks mid length). I called the company and the co-owner was really friendly and helpful.

https://www.inflectionde.com/product-page/inflection-mag-5-round-magnum

I'm also looking to build a (7 SAXM hunting rifle...I decided that the detachable magazine wasn't worth the hassle and extra weight. I've decided to go with defiance's (sunny hill) bottom metal kit in an Axial Precision CF stock and a proof light sendero barrel.

Full build should be just under 6.5 lbs.

(forgive any typos...writing on my phone)

The mdt 7rd mags that are used on the XM dbm setups have the same width as the 10rd aics mags, I imagine adjusting the feed lips would allow for proper function with 260 parent case.

Just saw this. GAP is almost finished with my 2nd 6.5 PRC build on XM actions. This one is using APA XM bottom metal for mags. I have 2 XM 5 round mags from APA & 2 10 round XM mags from Defiance. I shoot 156 EOLs by Berger at COAL of 3.1+

I hope this late response helps someone. My 1st XM build was with a Stiller & I had to go with XM BDL plate. Still load to 3.2 & lighter than mag systems

If your looking for just BDL style mag box and metal Defiance sells a 3.2 mag box with Sunny hill trigger guard in aluminum or steel for there XM actions I just got one for the ANTI XM

If your looking for just BDL style mag box and metal Defiance sells a 3.2 mag box with Sunny hill trigger guard in aluminum or steel for there XM actions I just got one for the ANTI XM
Yep, must be more of us using XM lengths to use the short fat magnums and still be able to properly load longer high BC bullets. I responded hoping to help the OP, but it's been awhile. After posting I saw where Hawkins has some good looking dbm & mags. I like the ANTI you have. Not sure it was available in XM when I ordered directly from Defiance. My current build is on the GA Hunter. Ill have to look, but I think that the deviant. I could have shed a few onces with the ANTI.
I was just posting hoping to help the OP, but what all did you build?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.