Help finding a Mark V action

Gooseblitz

Hey guys any help in where I could find a Mark V action....I am looking at having a custom rifle built in 300. I have a Rem and Mauser and want to try and find a action without.

MKV action

I look at different gun shops. I can usally find a good deal on a Fiber mark, but they run $700. IF you find a MKV action for less the 700 you are getting a pretty good deal. With that said---Just buy a custom action.

I am a weatherby guy and built my longrange gun around a MKV action, but i bought the gun 15 years ago and it needed a new barrel anyway.

Most gunsmiths do not peferr weatherby actions to work on either. I think you would be money ahead with a custom. IF you had one laying around then i would say go for it.

Just my Opinion--I like the short bolt throw on the weatherby, that would be the only reseaon to bulid on one.

Willys

I collect all I can find going in gun/pawn shops while I travel around and newspaper/internet adds. I usually find a couple used Mk-5 rifles a year in the $550 range. I love the Mk-5 actions because you save a bunch on a trigger since the Weatherby is very nice. It is the best action to build the ultramags, Lapuas, 378/ 416 Rigby wildcats, etc. No feeding problems with that big magazine box when the Remmy's, etc. are stretching it to fit the ultramags. No problem opening up the bolt face for the big stuff. A custom action is nice also but pricey compared to what you can get the wby for. Mk-5 actions are incredibly strong and safe. I have had very good success with them through the years. I would say I have about 20-25 rifles built on them right now. Some of those are still the original rifles going back to when they were built in Germany.

I would think you could find the complete rifle for less $$$, and probably find it faster.

I'm also a fan of this action really think if wby sold them like rem does they would one of the most popular actions to build off.
Cover a lot of bases and super strong durable actions.
Considering they have a mark v hunter for 1400$ action would 1000$ or less and for that price I see it being worth it. But wby don't sell them

Recent Posts