Help eye sight reticle distortion

Don't buy anything yet . Get a second opinion . You need to be sure of what the problem is.
The optometrist may be able to prescribe a corrective lens that you can fit to the ocular of the scope or glasses .

If you saw an optometrist, go and see an ophthalmologist for an opinion. You need a better explanation - or at least a different one - of what is going on.

I've been going to a M.D.,F.A.C.S. Diplomate American Boards of Ophthalmolgy and family medicine fo over 2 years.His office is full of books he wrote and awards he earned.He has stabelized the infection in the back of my eye,but can't get it to go away.The problem is I still have 20/20 vision in the eye on the wall chart.He is afraid to get more invasive on the infection could cause less than 20/20.With a eye chart,vertical and horizonal lines I have a wavy area in the top left section.Next appoointment I will ask about a additional lense for scope or a pair of glasses just for shooting. Thanks for the help.

It makes no difference If your off axis field of view is distorted for pointing a rifle. It's only if you cannot form an sharp image immediately close to the point of aim on the reticle that matters. Just remember the reticles really are straight and the markings are where they should be relative to the target and the point of aim of the gun.

I have diabetes and my retinas are somewhat wrinkled. The straight lines of reticles do not appear to be wavy, but it has no detectable affect on my shooting skill as long as the point of aim of the target is alligned with the point of aim on the reticle. Where that image falls on the retina doesn't matter as long as it's in the active area of the fovea. By far my largest shooting error comes from wind deflection uncertainty for long range shooting. It's the only factor for which adequate instrumentation simply isn't available.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.