Help Creating a Load for 300WM using Hornady 225 gr bullets

CMP70306

I have just recently started reloading and was looking to develop a load for my Winchester Model 70 Super grade in 300WM. The bullets i would like to use are the new Hornady 225 gr BTHP but none of the reloading books that i own have data for this bullet and the closest info i have is for the 220 gr round nose.

im using resized hornady brass with winchester magnum primers and imr 7828ssc powder. The biggest question i have is what should be my starting load?

if this just happens to be your only pic of powder I would start at 65gn's and work up to say 69gn's.and makeing sure to watch for pressure.

but for me I would go with H1000.I just love this powder in my 300wm with a 208gn A-max.but if you choose to use it I would say trying 70gns and work up to say 73gns of H1000.

now with that said I got all my info to give to you from a COAL of 3.340 so if you go with a longer COAL you should be able to work up a little more from my said max load.just remember to keep an eye out for pressure.none of the info came from my own testing.just a good program I have for my loading.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.